Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Analog: Component or VGA

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • DVI-D

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Voted for displayport. My vote depends on the existence of a good DP->HDMI (with audio) adapter though.

I voted for DisplayPort. I think it's a very nice standard(and royalty-free!) and HDMI conversion(line-level) is easy. I don't have a DisplayPort or HDMI TV but I am sure I can find a converter for RCA inputs.

Even for multipedia playback it is kinda silly, because HD movies take up so much space. I think most people would go for the standard 700mb movie rip then a 4gb 720p movie.

lol
lol @ insert acronym
This isn't really accurate for everything though. Check out a blu-ray rip of an anime, for example. Those 720p or 1080p rips look fantastic at just 300 mb (22 minute episodes). It's much nicer looking than a comparable 480p rip at 200 mb.

Even at 200 mb the higher quality source will usually make for great quality at low filesize.

Anime is probably the exception due to lower scene complexity but those blu-ray Ef - A tale of Melodies rips are what I'm thinking of. Absolutely beautiful (and yes I plan to buy it immediately whenever Funimation/ADV/Bandai gets around to licensing Ef)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is some confusion here as to using a DVI -> VGA adaptor. Afaik: It does not convert the digital digital signal into an analog one for the Monitor to use. It requires a DVI-I port that has additional pins carying the analog signal... the DVI to VGA adapter simply uses these pins.

In this case, MWeston would have to find an analog signal to pass these pins, or *possibly* there is a DVI chipset out there that could take the LCD data and convert it both to DVI and also create an Analog signal at the same time (probably exists, but would be more expensive one would think). See pinnout here:

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connect...ce_DVI_Bus.html

Back