The Recurring Xbox Theme

fluffyhamster

Alright, say i wanted to softmod but put a new hdd in. Do i have to softmod, then put new hdd in? Or can i preload the files onto the new hdd that will softmod the xbox? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

AFAIK you have to softmod first. The XBox's harddrive is locked, and if you put an unlocked HDD in the machine it will not boot. There are ways to get the HD key before softmodding the XBox, but at that point the softmod is easier to do first. Also, softmodding will make it easier to get the files you need from the original XBox HDD to put on the new large one you'll be using.

Ravnos posted on Oct 22 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
AFAIK you have to softmod first. The XBox's harddrive is locked, and if you put an unlocked HDD in the machine it will not boot. There are ways to get the HD key before softmodding the XBox, but at that point the softmod is easier to do first. Also, softmodding will make it easier to get the files you need from the original XBox HDD to put on the new large one you'll be using.

It seems there would just be someone smart enough to make the process kill two birds with 1 stone easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend wants me to softmod, and i don't want to screw him over. I got the Soft Mod Instaler Deluxe from #xbins and all i do is copy over the UDATA files from the Splinter Cell, and the Splinter Cell NTSC? I also have a silver/newer splinter cells, i've read they still work?

I'm pretty sure all versions of the original Splinter Cell will work for softmodding. Just copy the hacked save file to the HD and load it and the process begins. I posted the how-to I followed in one of the other softmodding threads, but the process is pretty simple.

I want to know if evox can backup games with no added software, and what are the best emus for; Snes, Nes, Megadrive, Mame, N64, Playstation, And of course Neo-Geo?

Back