Xbox Modchip For Hdd Use ??'s

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, heres the deal, since I have actually won over 200$$ in HALO 2 tournaments, finaly time to get an Xbox ( I had one for a week but sold it 2 years ago )
I think that this hasnt been answered, only other topic on Xbox Mods was for only running Linux
Here's what I want to do...
1. I want to run games off my HDD
2. I want to be able to DL games from the disk to the HDD
3. I want to have compatability with a bigger HDD
4. I do not care about playing burned games, casue I wont be copying them ( I am anti Microsoft Pirating, it helps the Xbox stay alive lol )
5. I want one perferably without soldering, but ill take one that needs to be soldered if I am forced to

I might add more later
anyways, I need one that will work with any type of Xbox ( 1.0 - 1.6a ) 1.6a is the new ones..
well, Ill post more later, but what should I look for?

thx alot

~Octavious

1. I want to run games off my HDD
2. I want to be able to DL games from the disk to the HDD
3. I want to have compatability with a bigger HDD
4. I do not care about playing burned games, casue I wont be copying them ( I am anti Microsoft Pirating, it helps the Xbox stay alive lol )
5. I want one perferably without soldering, but ill take one that needs to be soldered if I am forced to

You'll need...
1 xbox
1 big hdd (games are around 5gig usually so choice the biggest HDD you can afford
1 modchip (the easiest route imo). The xenium ice is my fav xbox chip, it comes in the solderless flavour and you can play xbox live if you tell it to boot into the retail bios.

You won't be able to play live with games off the HDD.

Also, once you've signed up to live, you won't be able to change you hardware from then on. Most people are doing a double HDD mod, so they can use their stock HDD for live, and then a seperate HDD for games and software.

You can find all the info you need at xbox-scene.com.

I use an X-bit....It's solderless and you can flash the bios very easily if you need to up-grade it. I think it costs around $50

As for the Hard-drive size. You just flash the chips bios and you can use as large a drive as you want.

yo
first off, go to xbox-scene.com..verrry valuable info like the guy before mentioned.

things to keep in mind:

1) You don't need a modchip unless a- you want to go on live and run your hacked shit on the same box, and b- you have the new 1.6 version box which you can't do TSOP flashes for. tsop flashing is just writing the hacked bios on to your xbox bios chip directly, same effect as a modchip, and if you have the older mobos you can even switch it up with 4 diff bios banks giving it teh same effect as a true modchip.

2)as long as you're running off a hacked bios like ...xecuter 4981.06...you can run whatever...like the apps that'll let you copy and transfer games, manage files, etc.. etec...damn, there's so much! seriously, go the forums at xbox-scene and read up on all the tutorials and faqs and teh wealth of apps available. go go go

a solderless chip might be your thing like mentioned before.
as far as i know though, there aren't any solderless chips for the latest version xboxes, but there are many solderless chips for version 1.0-1.5 boxes.

i know its a uk site but you may find a US one

Spider

he Spider chip is the first solderless solution compatible with Xbox versions up to and including the v1.6 (1.6b only using an external programmer before install) , this is a simple but high performance chip.

First of all, thx guys
Secondly, How can I tell what revision I am getting? Is it on the bottom like the stinkin Dreamcast? ( grr )
And finally, let me get this right, I can use any solderless chip and a bigger HDD and still play on Live if I just turn off the chip?
so, what chips will do that?
the xenium thing, the spider, and the X-bit?
will all of these do what I want?
and which one is best out of them
Im gonna go and read around that forum after I post also

thx

~Octavious

OOOPS
well, since I doubled, might as well use it

I seem to like the price range of the Spider and Xbit
will both of those
run games of HDD
allow a bigger HDD
Allow me to turn it off and play on XBox Live
DL games to the HDD
and I think thats all I said before

~Octavious

It's not the chip that allows you to do these things. It's the bios that you flash onto them. Read the total noob guide to everything over at xbox scene.

Back