The Rabbit Joint

Username said:
Just got Scribblenauts, it's fucking awesome.
I went to look and see what it was, and of course, the homepage just blasted music through my speakers wakeing my little sisters.

Other than that, looks like fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a gameplay video for it. Very good though my camera work could be a bit better.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCMZcoHJIw[/video]

Javacat said:
beavith said:
my little sisters.
pix

3914223960_cd03ebe3ac.jpg

(naw)mcx said:
http://twitter.com/theREALcraigix

Oh dear, someone's gotten bored.

I saw this video on youtube showing the ridiculousness of 9/11 conspiracy theories. Now i don't think anyone here believes in any of this anyway, but it was so extremely well made it could have been on television. Still smiling. Sadly, it has been on there for 6 months and only got about 6000 views, so i decided to share it with you.

This thread is now about conspiracy theories.

tim0391 said:
The Pentagon plane crash was rather odd...
That may seem so. But, as Michael Shermer wrote:

"The mistaken belief that a handful of unexplained anomalies can undermine a well-established theory lies at the heart of all conspiratorial thinking (as well as creationism, Holocaust denial and the various crank theories of physics)."

Yeah, it seemed odd. But doesn't it strike you as odd that the conspiracy theorizers never talk about the implications their theories would entail?
For instance, the Attack on the Pentagon. They say, the Pentagon was hit by something other than the kidnapped Boeing 757. They base this claim on:
a] Damage that - to the general public - did not look like it was caused by a plane this big.
b] Lack of plane debris outside of the Pentagon - How could there be debris outside? Plane parts do not bounce off buildings. They penetrate buildings.
c] Reports by eyewitnesses - who could not have seen anything conclusive, because at the given distance a plane with a cruise speed of 500mph is barely a blur, provided you happen to look into the right direction.
d]Earwitnesses who reported a high pitched sound that could not have come from a plane - easily explained by the doppler effect (ever noticed how a car that's driving towards you sounds high pitched?).
e]Stuff like "undamaged cable spools", i'm not even going to comment on this.
So, actually they do not have any base to their claim. But just for fun, let us assume they are correct:

So the conspirators kidnapped four planes, complete with crew and passengers. But they let one of them "disappear" to replace it with an unknown flying object: A UFO "much smaller than an airliner", that would cause much less destruction, making it obvious that it was not a Boeing 757. Instead of just using the plane they already captured.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but this hardly sounds believable.

But this is the way these people think: They see something that makes no sense to them - mainly because of their incompetence and ignorance - and replace it with something that makes no sense at all. They want to believe in this nonsense, because it makes them feel like they are smarter than other people, when in reality the opposite is the case.

If you want to read about an actual conspiracy, i recommend you read up on the original reasons for the hemp prohibition...

EDIT: forgot about the debris thing.

w00t.. I've been watching Lawrence of Arabia tonight! At the intermission now and just put in the second disk. Awesome film! There are some films that are only 90 minutes long that I have to struggle through. Two hours into this one and looking forward to the final two hours of it :p

Fishbong said:
tim0391 said:

"The mistaken belief that a handful of unexplained anomalies can undermine a well-established theory lies at the heart of all conspiratorial thinking (as well as creationism, Holocaust denial and the various crank theories of physics)."

Yeah, it seemed odd. But doesn't it strike you as odd that the conspiracy theorizers never talk about the implications their theories would entail?
For instance, the Attack on the Pentagon. They say, the Pentagon was hit by something other than the kidnapped Boeing 757. They base this claim on:
a] Damage that - to the general public - did not look like it was caused by a plane this big.
b] Lack of plane debris outside of the Pentagon - How could there be debris outside? Plane parts do not bounce off buildings. They penetrate buildings.
c] Reports by eyewitnesses - who could not have seen anything conclusive, because at the given distance a plane with a cruise speed of 500mph is barely a blur, provided you happen to look into the right direction.
d]Earwitnesses who reported a high pitched sound that could not have come from a plane - easily explained by the doppler effect (ever noticed how a car that's driving towards you sounds high pitched?).
So, actually they do not have any base to their claim. But just for fun, let us assume they are correct:

So the conspirators kidnapped four planes, complete with crew and passengers. But they let one of them "disappear" to replace it with an unknown flying object: A UFO "much smaller than an airliner", that would cause much less destruction, making it obvious that it was not a Boeing 757. Instead of just using the plane they already captured.

But this is the way these people think: They see something that makes no sense to them - mainly because of their incompetence and ignorance - and replace it with something that makes no sense at all. They want to believe in this nonsense, because it makes them feel like they are smarter than other people, when in reality the opposite is the case.

If you want to read about an actual conspiracy, i recommend you read up on the original reasons for the hemp prohibition...

Very nice video.

I don't doubt that it was a plane that went into the pentagon, it is just the size of the hole that throws me. I expect at the speed it was going that nothing will be left ect ect but the whole is so small in comparison. also the confiscation of the videos and never releasing them... What have they got to hide?

tim0391 said:
I don't doubt that it was a plane that went into the pentagon, it is just the size of the hole that throws me. I expect at the speed it was going that nothing will be left etc etc but the whole is so small in comparison. also the confiscation of the videos and never releasing them... What have they got to hide?
it's along the lines of "a plane doesn't make a plane shaped cartoon cutout" when hitting a building. it's like a flying petrol bomb. but i could be wrong, it is suspicious that the videos have been confiscated.

Fishbong said:
tim0391 said:

Yeah a lot of those conspiracies are ridiculous. You should read up on the "Titanic" conspiracy, as told by Maddox. Also that hemp prohibition makes for a good story for anyone who doesn't know it yet.

Xian Long said:
tim0391 said:
I don't doubt that it was a plane that went into the pentagon, it is just the size of the hole that throws me. I expect at the speed it was going that nothing will be left etc etc but the whole is so small in comparison. also the confiscation of the videos and never releasing them... What have they got to hide?
it's along the lines of "a plane doesn't make a plane shaped cartoon cutout" when hitting a building. it's like a flying petrol bomb. but i could be wrong, it is suspicious that the videos have been confiscated.
I don't really find it suspicious. Unless, of course, Bush had been trying to steal the "jew gold" from the lost city of atlantis and used this as some sort of cover up. Damn I'm good at this, I should make my own conspiracy theory movie.

Username said:
I don't really find it suspicious. Unless, of course, Bush had been trying to steal the "jew gold" from the lost city of atlantis and used this as some sort of cover up. Damn I'm good at this, I should make my own conspiracy theory movie.
LOL!
laugh.gif

Back