The Rabbit Joint

This hasn't happened in awhile. A friend called and asked if I wanted to come to a house party on monday, lovely. Off to buy more beer! :) And it's supposedly a party that won't end until the last person passes out. :)

(naw)mcx said:
And while you're partying, I might as well add in that Firefox w/DX10 is insanely fast.

All the stutters I used to get when zoomed in, gone. And when you're zoomed in the text looks amazing.

Not tried Opera then ?.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
(naw)mcx said:
And while you're partying, I might as well add in that Firefox w/DX10 is insanely fast.

All the stutters I used to get when zoomed in, gone. And when you're zoomed in the text looks amazing.

Not tried Opera then ?.

Trooper
Yeah, a fair amount, but I like to customize my browser.

Nova said:
PoisonedV is like school in July.

No class.

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Jourdy288 said:
Javacat said:
I WANT MORE!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng[/media]

This stuff makes me want to cry.

That looked just like an Informix demo of SGI's where you visualize your data in 3D on IRIX uni I witnessed in '94 or so. The blocks represented locations on a map and their height represented sales volume. My CIO at the time actually turned to me and asked, "How soon can I fly through our data?".

Just reverting back to topic from one page back - Mint Linux? Has KDE, GNOME, XFCE (Pandora) and Fluxbox.. It's a lightweight OS and no tweaking involved. Burn to disk -->> install. One button to install.

kingoddball said:
Just reverting back to topic from one page back - Mint Linux? Has KDE, GNOME, XFCE (Pandora) and Fluxbox.. It's a lightweight OS and no tweaking involved. Burn to disk -->> install. One button to install.

That`s what i do, Then on machines that haven`t got the nuts (runs too slow) to run GNOME or XFCE, Just install LXDE through synapic package manager, Log-out, Then log back in using LXDE making it the default desktop manager. The speed difference is quite phenomenal, But you get to keep all the good stuff around just in-case you need it.

Trooper

lulzfish said:
Crunchwrap said:
Discuss? The steampowered thread it links to has some really interesting photos, and the thread that one links to has some even more interesting morse code dinosaurs.
Got it, radios, morse code.
No more spoilers. I'm in media blackout.
I'm avoiding the hype too, I read waay too much on neogaf today though. :( Set up Steam in WINE today, Portal on the way down. It'll be nice to play it with a mouse this time around.

Peter R said:
trooper said:
Peter R said:
How is that any different from what you could do if installing Ubuntu?

No different at all, But Mint is more stable and very green. :D

Trooper
Can you tell me more on how it is more stable? If it really is then I should be using it instead ;) .

Well, Mint is based on Ubuntu, Clem and the gang correct any outstanding bugs or errors that have been left in the latest Ubuntu version, And any more that they come across, Before releasing their latest version of Mint. So the most recent version of Mint is always more stable than the most recent version of Ubuntu.

Honestly, I can say that i can not remember ever having any instabilities or crashes in the last three year of using Mint, And it has and still is installed on at least six different machines.

Give it a try Peter, It`s definitely worth it.

Trooper

I've tried Linux Mint with KDE on a much better computer and it ran slowly. So all I need to do is install and install LXDE? That sounds too easy to be true. I guess I'll try that for now, still got about 50 blanks dvds left.

Back