The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

Well I only have to adjust the tripod distance, maybe go back to the tripod from behind and monitor on Watch setting, as I think the Microphone should be my Headphones..
this might also be good for the Phytian Videos, although I don’t know when I will get this thing ..
Maybe first some not showed Homebrew Games? And I will use the Pyra to make a Script for it ..

Well I tryed to make a video today, but unfortunately when I want to have Screen and Keyboard on the Camera, the whole thing gets too tiny .. , maybe I could film the screen and sometimes push the Pyra a bit up so you see the Buttons..
I was a bit playing this Labyrinth Game today, but I’m not good at Metroid Vanias..

But as I had the Pyra allready running i dit some test whit my new Keyboard, and some experiments whit the DVD USB Drive: it’s writes DVD, but VLC want play the Film, but at least it’s came till the Menue of the Movie , so whit reading the disks it should work, but maybe whe are lacking the encryption plugin ..
A Photo Slideshow Disk of the last Unimog Convenient works…

And I put the Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 PS1 Disk in and wanted it to run in Duckstation, but it’s ditnt work ^^

Yes, most region encoded DVDs are encrypted with CSS encryption. Not exactly hard to decrypt these days, but yes I guess it depends on the plugins you've got installed. CDs on the other hand are never encrypted just have some deviations from the red book standard that are likely to trip up speedier drives.

Edit: And none of the CD computer drives I've tested yet can read black playstation discs. Reportedly some can, but I guess I've just been unlucky.

Dosnt make sense this weekend, I’m not that motivated so maybe next week, it’s also more time to gather more ideas,
And I want to play much more ..
or maybe the Phytian is there until then..

Reactions: rSl
Also ditnt made a Video this Weekend, but i wonder what happens when i move to "Shorts", allthough i dont like this Vertical Camera View of them, they might be good to show some Gaming Button and Nub movement, as you have .. and i wonder if there may be some sort of Comparasion be possible between the Pyra Port of GTA 3 and VC and the Switch Version on the OLED as im currently continue to play these games..

My VC Video was usefull for me as i was wondering why i had Planes on the Pyra but not on the Switch: 100 % Savegame ^^

A shorty would be not the standart, but i think it would at least help for some task like showing the Controller Movement and the Gameplay, allthough i dont understand why this might be that important, my Gameplay is maybe not the best, so when my Formula 1 Racer dont want to stay on the Course, its no fault of the Controlls, but of my Gameplay.. , i ditnt noticed an input lag yet, but maybe its also because of the Building:
The Pyra is the Controller, so no USB Connection or Bluetooth needed.., i dont know how it was achieved on Board Side, but i would suspect the Controller work the same as a Keyboard..

Yes, I guess if you don't have enough content for a full video, the standard these days if to film them portrait and put them up like that. One thing I've not seen so far is a demonstration of how the analogue nubs let you move the mouse slow or fast.

It might need a bit more time to prepare, but how about some Rewiew Type Videos: Not a lot Random Gameplay, but every Emulator will get rewiewd by some Pyra relatet points, not by some numbers, but by some facts..
- Which buttons are used, - how good is it running, - how many Games do whe know for this System? (needs some recherche), - which Internal Stuff is used? (OpenGL, SDL, Rumble), - What features do whe have?

A bit gameplay, but as i cant paste text in my Videos, i can make a Writter Document where i put anything in.. (maybe in WORDART)..

But it needs some preparations: something i could use the Pyra for ^^ or the Phytian when its arrived as this have a much bigger screen for Work whit Libre Office and Firefox..
I dont want to make Word Documents, so maybe some sort of a Presentation.. made whit the Pyra itself..

You could so a sort of presentaton, but that puts me in mind of boring financial meeting room meetings to me personally. You could pan away to some gameplay to break it up, but since you don't edit your videos that could look a little haphazard I reckon. Nothing to say you shouldn't script your videos beforehand using some presentation software, or libre office writer, or you could even use libre office calc if you're a glutton for punishment, but you'd need to print that out of have it running on the screen of another computer, off camera, I don't really want to see it.

so maybe some sort of a Presentation.. made whit the Pyra itself..
Exactly that... could I use the Pyra to bring along to the office, connect it to a big TV and use libreoffice Impress in full screen to give a presentation.

Could I skip buying a Casio/Texas Instrument calculator and use reduce or similar to do my homework?

Could I, if

As far as I've heard, HDMI out is still broken, so you can't use that. But yeah, there are countless ways to do the same thing as even a powerful graphing calculator when you have a computer.

Just put together some informations on the Gameboy Gameboy Color, nothing that deeply,
These Word Document want get a part of the video, but it’s useful to have.:
Although it’s lacks some technical Features of the System, maybe I could put them also in ..

Making the Research for this dit show me that Pyra whiteout HDMI in Desktop Mode might not be the best Idea , so I would need HDMI to working or the Phytian..

Seems like my German Version wasn’t that good, as the English speaking Part of my followers now want a English, although I’m much more understandable in German than in English ^^ I made another one a few minutes ago..

But in the end I came across the good old audio issue again, and I thought it was gone?
I don’t had it myself since fall last year…

Since the Pythian has a graphics card with an HDMI output physically on it, I would assume that works. No tiler involvement and just a simpler way of working all in all.

Whyle I sleept , YouTube got an issue whyle the uploading of the English video,
So it’s now online..
in the end of the video I came across the good old audio issue, which I thought where gone whit my Alsa configuration, but maybe not really.. at least HNS is working on it …
Im a bit unsure about German or English: there aren’t that many Pyra Videos in German, and it’s a lot easier for me to speak this in German, but as a lot of my subscribers are from an English speaking Part of the World, seems like I stuck in English..

But I let my Chanel name in German, „Matzes Zeugs“ , not „Matzes Stuff“

I wonder how good a Comparassion between GTA Vice City on Switch and Pyra would work as Video, i need some Sugestions , whe have now 3 Days till Saturday

Back