The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

Yes, it might have helped if you'd scripted it or at least listed the software and the issues you wanted to talk about before hand. But I think in the end you managed to cover everything you wanted to.

It did make me wonder if 'DownLoad' and 'componant' are the right ways to spell and capitalise things in German. I need to find the thread and check what the english translations of these items are.

Dit i say "Component" in my German Video? Maybe im to much in this English Boards..
The Idea to make the video whit the Software of this Year did sound great on Friday morning, but ditnt make out that well..

So i hope for the next big thing from @ptitSeb , this video should be awesome ^^

No, not that I heard. I read 'componant' in the german translated dbpinstaller you had on screen in that video.

In your German video I was slightly surprised by the amount of english you seemed to speak while working out what to say.

I among others am interested in your experiences with the (classic) game taschenbilliard... Tips, tricks, unboxing, hi-secure, usw. bitte!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rSl
I will make a new video today on Duckstation, i wonder if it would make sense to watch my other PlayStation Related Videos first to find out what games I allready showed..
and if I should also make German Versions , but on the other side , I think the only viewer who don’t understand German could also ask for a Live Aktion Show ^^

I wonder if multitasking works: if I run Duckstation and the Alpha EX Plus Stuff at the same time..
could be interesting, although it may be the software that is not currently in use will get parked in RAM .. And I can play a bit around whit the External DVD/CD RW Drive, but it have to be stuff that isn’t DRM .. .. I think I will use tomorrow to make some experiments ^^

I think that's what the option to pause the game when the software loses focus was for in that video you shared of the duckstation settings. By default in linux, if you start two processes at the same time (or launch another while a long running one continues) the system is set up to share resources. If you want to park a process you need to do it yourself by sending a -19 or -20 signal to it to pause it's operation (followed by a -18 to make it start again)

I have made those emulator fullscreen, because they have savestates and all, I didn't consider them to be good candidate for multitaking and so force them to a fullscreen state. I don't really understand what you are trying to do or prove by launching 2 fullscreen app at the same time?

Just a test if it’s works, nothing really useful.. , maybe I thought I could prove the power of the Pyra of its works , and I also run a bit out of video ideas ^^
Ok so a bit CD Drive Play around maybe? But first I need to search some CD and DVD whiteout Copyright content.. (don’t want a strike from YouTube that early in my Career)

out of video ideas? Like you have shown the new "DBP Installer" in action? You have tested the dbps? Show how the nubs are smooth and precise? how the vibrate works? Show an alt-tab between 2 fullscreen app will not show much. Just that you can alt-tab between 2 apps.

I showed most of the DBPs, as far as I had the Data, I couldn’t show Emulators I don’t had Games for , shure there is much more in the Repo bevor Drastic, even a PSP Emulator, but not all of these work on the current Kernel as some DBPs are now a few Years old ..
but I could try to show the working stuff more deeply: how it runs, what are the features, etc

Well I think I have to change a lot on my new videos, I mean ok whit only the bottom half of the video the gameplay is quite small but in the end it’s more about the System then the games, …
Ok so the next one will be the Emu EX Alpha Plus Series in Full Pyra Mode .. ..

Well, it feels to me like he's only just got the system set up so that it shows the entire screen, he used to have it a bit more mobile. It seems a little early to ask him to change his setup again, but I agree some way to see what you're typing and the results on screen would be a worthwhile video, but I don't immediately see a reliable way to do that without needing to edit the video afterwards.

Edit: You've not shown hydra castle labyrinth running yet, although to get the full value out of that you'd need a longer play than you normally do on your videos, Perhaps there's value in showing one screen transition and an enemy enounter.

Back