The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

If its in the Pyra Repo, i could try to get it to run, allthough i would rather wait until there is a real Pyra Port because of NUB Support and GL4ES..

But i still need to make a C64 Video, Saturday if the Phytian want get shipped until then..

How about Software availability? Is there Open MW launcher already? If not, can you show Morrowind in Box86? Or what about other linux software? Can you access your pyra with ssh from your pc? How about Cad Programms?

My PC is still on its way from China to Evildragons Place, or it’s allready there and he needs to prepare them for Shipping..
My plan is anyway to learn about Desktop Debian, so I could show SSH as far as I know how to make.. Openmorrowind could also be a good idea, , but I don’t know if it’s in Debian Repo..

Box86 was something I wanted to show but I first have to learn how to download and run stuff who wasn’t in the Repo.. as I would then use Stardew Valley from my GOG Acount..
this might have to wait a bit..

Box86 was something I wanted to show but I first have to learn how to download and run stuff who wasn’t in the Repo.. as I would then use Stardew Valley from my GOG Acount..
this might have to wait a bit..
1. Download stardew valley from GOG
2. box86(*) ~/Downloads/stardewval.exe

* Maybe you need box64 instead. Also you'll have correct the download name.

Edit: Brainfart: box86 alone runs linux x86 programs on arm devices. To run an exe you'll need to involve wine as well, and to be honest I can't remember how to run that. Probably 'wine box86 ~/Downloads/stardewval.exe', but I don't run wine currently so I can't check.

Last edited:
Box86 is no Wine, so the file I download can’t be an .exe , I have to look tomorrow if this works..
.exe is also used as a container format for .NET bytecode, which can be executed by Mono directly just like Java executes .jar files. AFAIK Stardew Valley even is an .NET application, but you'll likely run into issues with missing .NET frameworks like XNA and native components shipped with the game itself.

Edit: Brainfart: box86 alone runs linux x86 programs on arm devices. To run an exe you'll need to involve wine as well, and to be honest I can't remember how to run that. Probably 'wine box86 ~/Downloads/stardewval.exe', but I don't run wine currently so I can't check.
I thought the whole time, Box86 executes Windows programs right out of the box. But Linux on PC is also 86 based, so what you are saying makes a lot more sense

I just looked on Amazon but ditnt found this mouse, just graphics cards whit this search word

Although I don’t think now that it would much sense to carry a mouse whit the Pyra, and at home I have a good Logitech Mouse..

I just looked on Amazon but ditnt found this mouse, just graphics cards whit this search word

Although I don’t think now that it would much sense to carry a mouse whit the Pyra, and at home I have a good Logitech Mouse..
It’s not released yet but have a look at https://www.xpg.com/us/news/960 and the Fossbytes article on it as well.

Fair enough!

Wouldn’t make sense: the Gaming Launcher might be X86, not ARM , the Pyra ditnt got a USBC Port and it’s as big as a normal Mouse..

I would need a tiny mouse, the size of a True Wireless Headphone Case, but robust enough to pocket carry …
Until then , the nubs works also good enough

On Drive to work this morning i had a great idea: How about a Pyra Year One Recap whit the Software in chronologic Order and some thoughts about how they run and what i liked about them? Would need a bit for work as i have to say what software was only software aceleratet etc and it want be that much Gameplay, maybe only talk, but maybe it should work out good

That sounds like a really nice idea to me. Evrn though I frequent the forums, I really feel like I have little to no knowledge of what the software situation has been like so far.

I think prerecording video (even taking video from the videos you're already made) would improve a straight to camera dialogue. Technically a static screenshot should do as well, but when you've already got half the videos done I'd recommend you just reuse those.

Last edited:
Well it would work if I would cut, but I make one takes,
Maybe when I have the Phytian, and figure out how to cut stuff I could improve this stuff,
I would need a cutting program, and something to record my audio stream ,
I could record several takes, put them together, etc

Yes, I used ffmpeg to do any cutting work I need to do. Something like
Code:
ffmpeg -i input_file_video -ss start_time -t duration -c output_video
Resolution is only on keyframes I think so once every few seconds. -c says copy frames, don't reencode and that generally speeds up processing a few hundred times. There's probably gui based editing programs that use ffmpeg in the background, but I've not learned how to use them yet. I usually use arecord for recording audio fwiw.

Well, when I have this ARM Computer, I think I will use a Software from the Debian Repo,
I only need to get the video from my phone, might be a project for 2022..
so the next video and the video after that will still be uncut ^^

My Video from yesterday is online but I’m not that happy whit , so I make a new one this noon, but in Saarländisch Mouthart (Accent) , so my Dad can understand it ^^
This time a bit gameplay again, because why not? I used yesterday this Kickstand from the 3DS Game Kid Icarus Uprising, which works quite good on Pyra , so Gameplay whit a steady view on the screen ^^

Back