The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

Ok this will be a 4 seconds video, and i dont have the knowledge to cutt in a clip from Starfox, ... allthough i have an Idea..
Tomorrow is my Video Make Day..

I think i have an Idea: How about showing how good the Emulator stuff is running if you underclock the CPU? This might be usefull if you want to use it during a longer journey, , i just have to write a disclaimer to Youtube that it isnt at fullspeed..

Some other ideas out there?

Is it possible to leave a file in the DBP folder to fix the speed automatically per application?

I used this in Pandora and was very useful.

Reactions: rSl
I dont know, allthough i made a quick test: Gameboy whit 500 mhz (dual core) is quite playable (Super Mario Land DX), but GBA not really, (Super Mario Bros 3), so i would assume the GBC.Emu from the Emu EX Alpha dosnt take that much power from the CPU anyway..
So my Test will be interessting, but not that usefull.. lets see what happens..

SMB3 might not be the best test for GBA emu anyway, because as I remember that game series were basically emulated NES games. So you're running an emulator inside another emulator, which is a peculiar stress test that I can't really predict what will happen. But I'd have thought an early native game (like Kuro-kuro-kurorin or Warioware) would be simpler for the system to cope with.

So this might also be the reason why i ditnt had luck on the EverDrive GBA whit the Classic NES Series Games? But GBA.EMU runs them quite well (whit the standart CPU Speed Setting)..

Minecraft will have a look, but i need first to search for my minecraft.jar could be on my other computer ^^ , therefore it might not be a good idea to buy the Phytian PC, as i have then 5 Computers (My old Futjitju Siemens Tower, Lenovo Thinkpad, Pandora, Pyra, and maybe Phythian PC..)..

Minecraft will have a look, but i need first to search for my minecraft.jar could be on my other computer ^^ , therefore it might not be a good idea to buy the Phytian PC, as i have then 5 Computers (My old Futjitju Siemens Tower, Lenovo Thinkpad, Pandora, Pyra, and maybe Phythian PC..)..
You can download the jar here.

I think 1.12.2 was "kind of" playable on a Pandora. @ingoreis @ptitSeb said that 1.13 made minecraft a lot slower. Can you display the FPS too? https://www.alphr.com/check-fps-minecraft/

Edit: 1.22.2 is the first official "java edition". Maybe it is the first one which is slow. Here is 1.12.1 https://mcversions.net/download/1.12.1

Edit2: Can you use https://optifine.net/downloads for faster gameplay / better FPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
So i download the client jar , searched on synaptic for a Java runtime, and clicked on the jar in hope I could open it whit the Java runtime, but in the list there wasn’t any runtime, just Libre Office, and the other Software I have on the Pyra

When I fail on this easy task, how would it be whit the Phytian PC?

Or do I forget how to run a jar file?

So i download the client jar , searched on synaptic for a Java runtime, and clicked on the jar in hope I could open it whit the Java runtime, but in the list there wasn’t any runtime, just Libre Office, and the other Software I have on the Pyra

When I fail on this easy task, how would it be whit the Phytian PC?

Or do I forget how to run a jar file?
What are you trying to do?

It will not work.
First, launching a jar is "java -jar MYJAR.jar"
But minecraft (like many other java games), use native (so x86/x86_64) libraries in the jar, and will just not work. Running java minecraft on arm needs some trickery. Plus all this changed now with the Microsoft/Mojang account migration... You can try to grab one of the Pi minecraft launcher, it migh work, but not sure (and I have a very very low interrest in running minecraft tbh).

Last edited:
Ok now I’m sad, but thanks for the answer, seems like I would need the Phytian now,
So I will make my other Video Idea whit the Underclocking on Emulator

Maybe you could give a try to MineTest as an alternative...? It should be in the Debian repo and available for ARM from what I could see (not sure all the dependancies will be available though...)
You will run into the same issues with the Phytian as it is also ARM based

I could give it a try, although the challenge was to run Minecraft ^^
I would never play it if it wasn’t a suggestion, i would prefer the Switch Version ..

But Minetest as from the Debian Repo should be possible to get merged whit Open GL ES as I allready made whit the snooker game, the command should be still on Terminal so I can change the name

The Pythian was meant to have Box86 support, so this could work

Edit: Minetest : 2 FPS ^^
No I want make a video about this

Last edited:
I could give it a try, although the challenge was to run Minecraft ^^
I would never play it if it wasn’t a suggestion, i would prefer the Switch Version ..

But Minetest as from the Debian Repo should be possible to get merged whit Open GL ES as I allready made whit the snooker game, the command should be still on Terminal so I can change the name

The Pythian was meant to have Box86 support, so this could work

Edit: Minetest : 2 FPS ^^
No I want make a video about this
Use gl4es to launch the game with hardware acceleration...

If I used the right commands (it was the command whit lib ? ) it’s now 4 fps in the minimal testmode whit CPU in „performance „ mode..

Back