Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
This isn't a P2 concept, but its probably closer to that than anything else

1. (pandora - smartphone) + tablet=?
  2. An electronic device that could legitimately be called *book

1333711365-U3032.png

• big enough keyboard to type with both hands
  • would make a good notepad or ebook reader (reflective display)
  • Can be angled well for watching films
  • Slightly bigger than two dvd cases on top of each other
  • Probably useable as a handheld games console
  • two 7" screens

What thinks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like! Product 3? ;)
Would be nice, but given Craig's reluctance to make a P2, I doubt something as complex as the above would be started while Pandora production was still in limbo. (this would definately be arm-power btw)

Do you think it would be possible to touch-type on a keyboard that size?

What about use as a handheld console?

I was aiming to save a lot of space by using nubby things for pointer control - no big empty areas at the front of the lower section.

Holding two dvd cases in my hand, provided it isn't too top heavy... I think it could do quite well as a handheld gaming device. Shoulder buttons would have to be underneath for comfort, and gaming buttons would have to be shifted down... Mind you, I could be wrong.

A touch keyboard that size could work quite well... But why? We all love buttons and you already have two screens...

If something like this were developed I would be veeeeery interested indeed. Especially If you could use a pressure sensitive stylus while in tablet mode... and there was enough ram to sketch without lag and use at least 3 layers in an image...

What kind of resolution are we talking about?

touch-typing as in not looking at the keys - the keys are real buttons :)

the three buttons near the nubs were mainly for mouse buttons - I'll do a render with real ABXY tomorrow

screen preferably @ >200ppi - whatever is available when the hypothetical parts are being chosen

maybe 1024x600 colour display and 1200×900 reflective f it were being made now?

Anyway, render with proper game buttons coming now.

1333802233-U3032.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back