The One Nub Club

My left nub has gotten much better the more I use it, still seems a little sluggish in some directions though.

If no one gussed what I was talking about in my last post, its this:

You know on consoles, where if you have the analog stick pushed in a direction slightly when you turn the console on, it remains messed up until you unplug / replug the controller? It´s like that, except its so sensitive when you turn it on / switch to xfce or mimimenu that you have to make sure the nub is dead on centered.

At least I noticed am improvement making sure they are perfectly centered when doing the above :lol:

It might just be a coincedence.

Completly offtopic: Speaking of nubs.. the PSP 1000's nub. Any frakking clue what would cause it to jitter on its own, ive now replaced mine twice and it still does the same self movement/lack of response most of the time.

^I just replaced the case on my PSP-1000 with a white one. It came with a spare analog nub that I replaced my old one with. (a bit worn) Upon playing video games I noticed it was moving downward on its own sometimes but if moved properly worked for the rest of the game. I just moved it in all different directions when it was off and then did the calibration method. (If you go to the System Information menu and move the nub around in circles for about 30 seconds (I did mine for 5 minutes lol, probably way to excessive) But my analog nub works fine now.

Ollonk said:
Odd, I thought you were talking about women. The whole random and changing all the time bit. ;)
<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine, def one nub not working at all (the right one).

It's on charge will have a play later.

after a reset both nubs seem to work, even though when initially recieved one nub was non functional

7zark7 said:
after a reset both nubs seem to work, even though when initially recieved one nub was non functional

Congrats mate that's great news!! Any one else had any luck yet?

Number 374 reportig for duty. first Impressions are really goood, keyboard will take a while to get used to, but not long.
both nubs appear to function, will hotfix first then test more.

So my right nub is definitely not quite right, movement is not damped as well (not so smooth) and after winding down the sensitivity a little, I am now missing left clicks in particular. Wondering if there is a nub-test app, or I could just make both act as mouse pointer for testing. In a similar vein, are the default keyboard mappings listed anywhere (like the wiki?) and I've not found them yet?

Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped.

I live in the US and really wish I didn't do Airmail now since my birthday is Saturday.

MUMBL35 said:
I live in the US and really wish I didn't do Airmail now since my birthday is Saturday.
I live in Russia and really wish I didn't do UPS since my parcel has been stopped by custom house and is gonna be returned to BG now.
Thanks a lot to Jacquelyn, she agreed to resend it to me via Air Mail.

Ollonk said:
I have decided against it; I'll just wait for several months until my fully functional one arrives.
Did you happen to get an email? /me is still waiting

Alerino posted on 09 June 2010 - 12:45 PM said:
Thanks a lot to Jacquelyn, he agreed to resend it to me via Air Mail.
Jacquelyn is a woman's name, i believe :D
[/quote]
Ouch, fixed.

Back