The N64 situation

Isn't that the dynamic recompiler generating new code blocks?

Or even worse if it's running out of translation cache and has to start flushing some.

Other possible culprits could be the GPU plugin generating new shaders or a big update to texture cache. Of course these are all just total guesses on my part.. Point is (as you hit on) this isn't necessarily a bug..

Last edited by a moderator:
Birthday thread for Exophase. Why did Craigx call this thread "N 64 situation"? :D

Happy birthday Exophase.

I tried Super Mario Kart which runs perfectly except for some occassional stutterings.

The stutter occurs when CPU Idle goes to about 1% (so CPU is fully used).
Majora's Mask stutters constantly, and it never gets above 80% CPU usage, typically staying around 70%.

There's something that needs to be added to Majoras Mask for it to work better.. I forget what but we did it with DaedalusX64 :)

Normally I run my 256MB Pandora at 800Mhz and so far only Super Mario 64 is the only Nintendo 64 game that is really(!) playable. But I already suspected that when buying the Pandora, so it's no big deal for me.

Forsaken 64 / ExtremeG / Sin and Punishment / Micro Machines 64.. Even Quest 64 (the first real game to be full speed in some areas on the PSP) should work quite well. There's plenty of other games out there that WILL work super fast but I can't name them all.. I suggest trying Spiderman 64 too ;)

Southpark has some glitches and controls need to be messed with but it seems to work very well at 800mHz.

The npcs seem to have two sets of eyes though. :)

I wonder if all these problems can be solved by pandora 2's 3ghz+ multicore processing power. Full speed robotron 64 would be another milestone of portable retro gaming!

Happy birthday, Exo!

I wonder if all these problems can be solved by pandora 2's 3ghz+ multicore processing power. Full speed robotron 64 would be another milestone of portable retro gaming!

Happy birthday, Exo!

Not sure if itl be 3ghz, most likelty 1.7 ~ 2 ghz quad, but if that setup cant pull it off, nothing can :p

they will also ship in 4 Months

I believe they can pull that off, they did it with the Panda1.5, i received it 2 months after ordering it, which was last friday.

But lets go back ontopic, before we attract mods :D

The mods are lurking everywhere, they feast on users that offtopic too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back