• Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the time has come to choose a logo for the Pyra.

There have been soooo many submission and ideas by the community, thanks a lot to everyone helping out, either with a design or suggestions for existing designs or by just discussing about it.

It was hard choosing my favourite four logos - seeing how much heartblood has gone into all the different designs, but at some time, there's no other way than to choose one from the massive pool.

I've made single-color logos for a fair voting (colored logos in various forms will later be worked on, based on the basic design here).

post-1-0-87295200-1395971110.png

A good logo needs to be simple and clean.

Something you can remember and recognize when you see it.

While you don't need to be able to draw it after you've seen it, you should be able to describe it (i.e. a rounded flame, etc.)

Please note that these logos are not 100% final yet.

The font or emblem might still be tweaked a bit or worked on.

Also, to be able to vote, you need to be registered at the boards.

Voting will end Friday 2014/04/04.

pyralogos.png

If these are going on the lid I cant really substantiate a vote if i dont know the material thereof.

Edit: I think the logo i voted for will look good in tiberium ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A hard choice between 1 and 4.

2, really? Meh.

Then number 3. From all the ones made, you picked 3 for the top 4? I really dislike that one.

I think number 4, ' cause you can expand it to Dragonbox Pyra.

I like the logo of design 4, so I've voted for that, but I'm really not a fan of the typeface used for the name. I'd be happy with the text from either of the other three designs actually, but that typeface used for design 4's 'PYRA' is simply inelegant IMO.

I like the logo of design 4, so I've voted for that, but I'm really not a fan of the typeface used for the name. I'd be happy with the text from either of the other three designs actually, but that typeface used for design 4's 'PYRA' is simply inelegant IMO.
Agree.

As mentioned, font and typeface are not final yet.

Just put some okay-looking ones there right now (haven't even checked about the font license).

I really like the fourth option.. but I think you should flip the second section around so both sides match

*think about it*

Number 2 for me. I like the number 4 but I don't like "dragonbox", also it looks too agressive and like tribal tatoo.

Once reworked, the 2 would be neat.

Option 1 and 2 are the most decent ones in my opinion!

Although, the first option makes me think of a modified PlayStation logo and I'm not sure if that's a good thing, since we are talking about a device with it's own identity.

the second option looks unique, elegant and simple, I had not seen anything like it before (maybe I should go out more often) It reminds me of a flame or a hand (Prometheus' hand stealing fire from the Gods to give it to the mortals may be?, ha ha).

And while the fourth logo matches the name better than the rest, it isn't the most appealing one (in my opinion), and considering this is going to be a new electronic device it should suggest a new experience just by looking at it, and I don't think this one does the trick.

...and to me, the third one is just out of question, it makes me thing of a surf board. not a computer or gaming device.

Logos must represent the company's direction and vision and if the product is somewhat desirable by it self, then the logo should do the rest on turning the brand and product into and object desire. I think the Pyra will be excellent by it self!.

I don't like 2 because it looks like a human hand, I don't like 3 because it looks like crab claws to me, and feels a little too tall.  1 I just don't find interesting, but fortunately I really like 4.  I would wish for 4 to look more like it's holding a perfectly round circle in the middle though, I would have more fun playing with that.  Thanks for the official poll EvilDragon.  I voted 4.

I like logo 4, but I see something that looks like "dp" and I think of the South Park episode with Cthulu.

For me it was a hard choice between 2 and 3.  I like the angles on 2, but I'd prefer to tweak some of the widths of the lines.  But I really liked the colors that went along with 3 (on some of the other threads), so I went with it, popularity be darned.

Number 2 for me. I like the number 4 but I don't like "dragonbox", also it looks too agressive and a bit like tribal tatoo.

Once reworked, the 2 would be neat.
Why didn't you like "dragonbox"? It's the name of the thing. :lol:

Also, how does curves look more aggressive than shape angles?

I still like the "reworked" version better.

post-3032-0-85325600-1392987186_thumb.png
Like someone said, if the black part was the LED, I think it would look awesome.

look more like it's holding a perfectly round circle in the middle though,
It would look less like a flame.

I don't like 2 because it looks like a human hand.

Wow, how have you seen it. Well, even if most people would not see it like this, it would fit the handheld theme!
It fits Pyra less and handheld isn't really the "theme". Also, I don't see it. lol

IMO, in order for the voting to work fine the word PYRA should be removed from all the logos in the image.

Otherwise, the typefaces distract and interfere with a correct judging.

IMO, in order for the voting to work fine the word PYRA should be removed from the image.

Otherwise, typeface distracts and interferes with a correct judging.
I was looking directly at the logos until it was brought up, but I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back