The "i've Got A New Game!" Thread

I too have CoD3 on the wii. I like it, although I must admit it gives me more motion sickness than regular, lousy console controls. Same with the computer FPSs, which makes sense since the wii's controls are similar to a mouse.

I'd agree, 8/10. I really do like the controls though.

i got battlefield 2142 : Northern Strike a few days ago. I think that counts as a game ? It seems kind of pants but it must be ok as i had stopped playin bf2142 but this boster pack has got me back into it.

Also after chippiing my wii i have only aquired one new game for it wich is red steel wich seems to be better than i thought it would be.

I forgot i also bought alien Alien Hominid HD it seems quite good but i havent really played it much.

Talkin of xbox live games nayone got worms yet ? is it as great as i think it could be ? If anyone here has it and says its great i think i wil lget it. Also is turtles any good ? im sure someone here must have got that by now.

loz_the_guru posted on Mar 18 2007 at 11:07 AM said:
picked up excite truck and its fucking brilliant! Kinda reminds me of burnout but with the insanity ramped up another notch
Yeah, I have that and we play it all the time here.

Makes me even more excited about how good Mario Kart Wii could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I guess I'll rent or buy COD3 when I get a Wii sometime.

About BF2142: Northern Strike and any other BF booster pack, they don't look like they're at all worth it. I mean I would prefer full expansion packs like BF2: Special Forces, which is good IMO. I hope we can expect one for 2142 but I don't know they might just keep making this sorta crap from now on.

Also, by any chance have you seen the BF2 DVD version anywhere (not the complete collection)? My guess is all copies have been sold but someone I know managed to get ahold of one of them. I'm just interested as it's well v1.0 and seems to be perfect out of box compared to what we have now (if it's anything like the demo).

Excite Truck is fun to start with. I havent played it for about 3 weeks and decided to play it today and I just didnt find it fun anymore. It just felt so lacklustre and didnt inspire any fun in me. But all the wii games are doing this to me. Im guessing the controllers innovation is subsiding now. But then again without many decent games it doesnt help. Might pick up both The Godfather and Dragonball Z on wii on friday as both are supposed to be really good.

CABBAGES posted on Mar 18 2007 at 06:55 PM said:
My Bf2 is DVD what do you mean by it will be v1.0 ? You just update it whenever an update comes out :huh:

I mean I got the Deluxe Edition and it's pre-patched to 1.3. Out of the box, the DVD edition is 1.0, which shoulda been left the way it was. But then again, I guess I'd rather have the extra maps, Special Forces (which requires a latter update also) and all that other exclusive stuff. I'll just stick to what I got I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Stalker, at first i thought it was pretty bad, but i gave it a couple hours ( I've been waiting several years for the game, the least i could do is give it a real try :p ) and I got sucked in. I am lucky enough to A. have a 8800 gts and B. have a vista/XP dual boot set-up B)
I've always loved shooters and this far surpasses HL2, i only say that because the two games get compared a lot because of the visual similarities. At first the graphics felt kind muddy or dated, but for some reason i think the first part of the game is just not well done or something, or maybe I've just noticed all the insane details that really make the game beautiful to look at. Its the atmosphere of the game that really drew me in. This game is an excellent blend between scary and action, with a good portion of RPG thrown in. Ok, well i feel like im blabbering on so im gonna end my glorification here..plus i need to get back in the Zone.

If you try this game out, give it a chance and play through it a bit, the start is pretty sucky IMO

i got path of neo yesterday and it is a massive improvment on the old matrix game alltho the graphics can be a bit messy at times but still really fun :)

Won Burning Rangers for Saturn off of eBay (which is awesome), and because it took the guy a little longer to ship it, he sent me this demo disc that must have come with Saturns and a complete copy of Die Hard Trilogy (again for Saturn). Always liked that game but never owned it. :)

IM going to get some new wii games but cant decide what to get. I can get two of the following:- The Godfather, Dragonball Z, Heatseaker, Medal of Honour, Metal Slug anthology, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Blazing Angels, SSX Blur, Tiger Woods. Which two should I get? my bro wants DBZ and from wat ive read its good.

all of the dbz games i have played so far have been really good but i dont know anything about this one but it should be quite good becuase of the wii remote :)

I went and got Heatseeker and will probably get DBZ in a few days. Heatseeker is brilliant. The controls just make it so much better than it would be with a normal controller. Y'all who have a Wii should try it. Although it doesnt have anything outside of the campaign mode to do (No multiplayer) there is a hell of a lot of unlockables and planes to get.

Back