The "i've Got A New Game!" Thread

ya im enjoying it too. The gamespot review worries me though... they say that it is too short. Luckly im very slow at playing games.

i suppose you could call it short if you did the missions straight away, but i spent alot of time leveling up and and that was my favourite part, i've hardly been in a car, opting to jump from building to building.... which is the most fun ive had in a computer game since finding little caves in elder scrolls.

I bought Chrono Trigger for SNES recently, wicked fun. I also bought Doom 3 because my pirated copy stopped working and I wanted a fun FPS that runs on Linux natively and worked on my computer

rub rabbits for the DS its ok my g/f hates it because of the baby making thing we only get 1% :p

still we play mario kart ds and brain age mostly. (i miss my gp2x :( )

clarky2o2o posted on Feb 22 2007 at 12:47 AM said:
rub rabbits for the DS its ok my g/f hates it because of the baby making thing we only get 1% :p
My fiancee and I tried that. I forget what percent we got, but we had such a hard time coordinating together to cut that cake or whatever it was. :p Love that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATM

lotr online

and

xcom - afterlight

afterlight is really really really good compared to the last two xcom games. If you're been scared away from xcom, it's time to come home.

lotr is ok. It's an obvious WoW clone with less annoying graphics. I like it much more then WoW at the moment, and we'll see if I like it more than Guildwars.

DemonStar55 posted on Feb 21 2007 at 07:57 PM said:
I also bought Doom 3 because my pirated copy stopped working and I wanted a fun FPS that runs on Linux natively and worked on my computer
I've often considered buying the Linux version of Doom 3 just to show support for Linux gaming, but I thought Doom 3 was terrible. I played the XBox version and I had a lot of fun for the first couple of hours, but after a while it just got repetitive. I guess there's a "classic Doom" mod for Doom 3. Does anyone know how complete it is? That might make it worth buying for me.

I wish there was a "duct tape" mod for the XBox version, it probably would have made the game more tolerable.

Last set of games i got were all for the psp

Burnout Legends - great
GTA LCS (unpatched w/2.00 update :D ) - wow
Ghost Rider - shit
MGS Portable Ops - Amazing

Oh, I forgot, I recently got Fareinheit (think it's called Indigo Prophecy or something in the US). It's really good, it's like an interactive movie.

i've never liked 2d fighters, but recently got last blade 2 for the dreamcast and am really enjoying it - the music is wonderful and is probably what makes the whole thing so atmospheric and raises it up in my opinion from all the other button mashers i find so dull.

also got twinkle star sprites for the DC and just loving that too. i dont really play anything apart from rpgs or long drawn out things of one form of another, so its kinda weird for me to be playing these short sharp shock games.

...best of all though, i then found out that these where neo geo ports which gave me the motivation to get them working on the gp2x - perfect.

Well just got a wii at the weekend along with Raving Rabbids and the extra controller with wii play..

Just hooked on sports, one of the only games i have ever played that makes me grin like a loon when playing it!

Theres something warm and fuzzy about swinging a controller around like loon! :D

CABBAGES posted on Feb 27 2007 at 08:37 AM said:
will i like virtua fighter 5 even tho i never really played much of the older virtua fighters?

I'll say yes ... if only for the 'pick up & play' quality of the series; I don't memorize any moves, just toggle between kicks, punches and guarding. With only 3 buttons, it's not as clumsy to learn as other fighters.

The graphics look nice too ;)

I've been wondering how the Wii version of COD3 is. Could you update us on how the game is in your opinion? I've heard it's just okay but it looks pretty wicked from what I've seen. It's mainly the use of the Wiimote in a game like this that interests me the most about this game.

I had COD3 on wii and it was good. The controls are top notch and allow for a good deal of customization to suit just about anyones playing skills. Graphically, its a mixed bag. Some bits look good others are terrible (the smoke effects look good at distance but up close and in them they are terrible). There is quite a bit of slow down due to a lot happening on the screen and for me it felt like they rushed it cause they could have sorted that out. Overall, its a good game, better than Red Steel, but the slow down and lack of multiplayer loses it marks. Id say 8 outta 10.

Oh and is it just me or was Sonic on wii a bit of a let down? after the first level it feels like the sense of speed is just completely lost with bad ideas like riding the log on the water and stuff. Its not a bad game its just the first level is the only level that you can feel that you can go fast on.

Back