The Humble Indie Bundle Reached There Goal

lamortdream

Still Fresh
well they reached their main goal and are releasing the source code for most of the games ,also lugaru source code has already out apparently, great news lets see what can be done
cheers

Justman said:
http://www.wolfire.com/humble Source Code now available. How likely is it that these will work on the Pandora?
I've managed to compile Aquaria in a cross-compiler but can't test it, and it'll segfault for sure (100% probability) because of how the app handles resources. But they all use cross-platform libraries (SDL, OpenAL, etc) so it should be possible to port them.

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
I've managed to compile Aquaria in a cross-compiler but can't test it, and it'll segfault for sure (100% probability) because of how the app handles resources. But they all use cross-platform libraries (SDL, OpenAL, etc) so it should be possible to port them.
You got OpenAL to cross-compile? How? I used to have a bitbake recipe for it, but the source no longer exists so the recipe fails. That's the only thing preventing me from at least trying to run it on my BeagleBoard.
Also, have you recently updated the source? Seg faulting was a well known problem even on x86, but it was fixed last week.

WizardStan said:
dflemstr said:
You got OpenAL to cross-compile? How? I used to have a bitbake recipe for it, but the source no longer exists so the recipe fails. That's the only thing preventing me from at least trying to run it on my BeagleBoard.
Also, have you recently updated the source? Seg faulting was a well known problem even on x86, but it was fixed last week.
I have been messing around a lot with cross compilation recently; I compiled openal-soft manually from trunk for armv7a with a Fedora ARM rootfs using a standard chroot etc. and I somehow got it to work. Fedora has universal srcrpms that almost never fail at being built, on most architectures, so I just pulled pre-installed packages via "yum provides/install .../headerthatthebuildcomplainsabout.h" (you can use the host yum in the chroot, since yum config files contain all architecture specific details and yum itself is written in Python) and yeah.
I said "got" because I gave up on that cross compilation setup and went over to OE; currently running Ubuntu with a VM, and I don't know if I still even have that rootfs around. When I'm done with pandora-xfce-image, I'll try rebuilding Aquaria but can't promise anything.

Give a try at least. Aquaria would be very nice to have on Pandora. I wonder how it would play with some dual nub action. :D Seems like a perfect match once controls get customized.

I'm a bit worried about how well it would run though. Despide being a 2D only game, it uses lots of pretty special effects (ripples and such), though maybe those could be turned off. Probably it would need to run with hardware acceleration or something, since my linux laptop with poorly configured graphics card grinded to a halt almost (it's using Mesa drivers or something).

I'm not an expert, but I'd imagine that Gish would run pretty well, if 2d boy thinks world of goo is possible on the Pandora.

But really any if those games would be cool.

2D Boy once commented on World of Goo on the Pandora and found it lacking. World of Goo is very floating point intensive, they say, something the Pandora lags behind the x86.

WizardStan said:
2D Boy once commented on World of Goo on the Pandora and found it lacking. World of Goo is very floating point intensive, they say, something the Pandora lags behind the x86.
Ah, is that how that turned out. Last I'd heard there was some contemplation of a port.

Yoyobuae said:
Give a try at least. Aquaria would be very nice to have on Pandora. I wonder how it would play with some dual nub action. :D Seems like a perfect match once controls get customized.

I'm a bit worried about how well it would run though. Despide being a 2D only game, it uses lots of pretty special effects (ripples and such), though maybe those could be turned off. Probably it would need to run with hardware acceleration or something, since my linux laptop with poorly configured graphics card grinded to a halt almost (it's using Mesa drivers or something).
Don't worry, be happy!

Back