Gish, Indie bundle port

ProfChaos

Still Fresh
I got an email recently stating that the humble indie bundle that I bought a while ago was available to download from steam and it got me thinking would it be possible to port some of the games to the Pandora? I recon Gish would work pretty well and is open-source. The Git repo is available here if anyone would like to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with gish is the opengl, as its not opengles...I had a stab a while back, couldn't spare the time to work out a wrapper for all the gl stuff it uses, other than that most things it uses are fine...from a quick initial look

Wow that port of Aquaria to the PSP is pretty impressive! Perhaps a Pandora port should be based around that, but from the sounds of it porting PSP code is probably just as alien as X86 code if not more so.

I was going to take a stab at porting gish, but I'm a bit of a makefile-a-phobe and I couldn't get it to compile the PC version using Code::Blocks...

Translating the GL to ES is possible, but I couldn't get the project to build.

I also think it would be a great fit for Pandora, I'd feel more comfortable playing it on Pandora too :D

EDIT: Forgot to say... if someone can get me a makefile that easily cross-compiles for Pandora, then I will make an attempt in translating the GL to ES.

Or if someone wants to collab in getting this ported, I'll gladly help converting the GL to ES.

I was going to take a stab at porting gish, but I'm a bit of a makefile-a-phobe and I couldn't get it to compile the PC version using Code::Blocks...

Translating the GL to ES is possible, but I couldn't get the project to build.

I also think it would be a great fit for Pandora, I'd feel more comfortable playing it on Pandora too :D

EDIT: Forgot to say... if someone can get me a makefile that easily cross-compiles for Pandora, then I will make an attempt in translating the GL to ES.

Or if someone wants to collab in getting this ported, I'll gladly help converting the GL to ES.

Paradox, Gish isn't Make, it's CMake, which is a totally different monster, sorta. It's similar to SCons, with less of the pure Automake evil involved, though it does create a makefile in the process. Good old (hand-written) make files are awesome (for simple projects); the CMakeLists.txt file is really clean in this case, though. To build Gish, you'll need:

Get all of those installed and Gish's Git repo downloaded, and just execute "cmake ." followed by "make" in the top level directory (with CMakeLists.txt), and it should build happily. Repacking it for the Panda after that should be pretty straightfoward.

Paradox, Gish isn't Make, it's CMake, which is a totally different monster, sorta. It's similar to SCons, with less of the pure Automake evil involved, though it does create a makefile in the process. Good old (hand-written) make files are awesome (for simple projects); the CMakeLists.txt file is really clean in this case, though. To build Gish, you'll need:

Get all of those installed and Gish's Git repo downloaded, and just execute "cmake ." followed by "make" in the top level directory (with CMakeLists.txt), and it should build happily. Repacking it for the Panda after that should be pretty straightfoward.
It WAS make before... they've updated since it went open source (which is to be expected) So... maybe it's time for take 2 in trying to port it, hmmm

It WAS make before... they've updated since it went open source (which is to be expected) So... maybe it's time for take 2 in trying to port it, hmmm

I have an interest in this now that ive obtained the humble bundles.

I have already taken a look at the git source and have a "linked" binary. Ive start some of the opengles conversion, what I havnt done is convert the immediate mode (glBegin,glEnd). Which will be a bit of copy past, etc.

For the moment im only using CodeBlocks to build.

I have an interest in this now that ive obtained the humble bundles.

I have already taken a look at the git source and have a "linked" binary. Ive start some of the opengles conversion, what I havnt done is convert the immediate mode (glBegin,glEnd). Which will be a bit of copy past, etc.

For the moment im only using CodeBlocks to build.
You got it to build in Code::Blocks!? O_O

I tried everything and I couldn't get it to link properly :S

I honestly haven't played any games from the first Indie bundle, as I'm waiting to receive my Pandora. Which sucks, because they look sooo good.

How many people said none of the Humble Indie Bundle games would never be ported?

EDIT: Wow, that was weird reading that thread from the other forums, I only visit this forum now because of the news section is better. There are a lot of people on the old forums that don't even visit this one.

I honestly haven't played any games from the first Indie bundle, as I'm waiting to receive my Pandora. Which sucks, because they look sooo good.
I couldn't wait so I demoed them some and figured that I'd finish the games on my Pandora when I get it. The only one that I'm not sure as to how well it would work on the Pandora is Penumbra other than that I think that they should all work. I know Aquiria should since it works on PSP and of course we know Gish works :D .

I'll be ready to put all of my games and stuff onto it once I get it too because I finally received my two 64 GB SD cards (Sandisk in case your wondering) they recently dropped a $100 so I figured I'd order them now. B)

(so glad I waited I started to order them in the summer when they were starting to ship then I couldn't imagine paying $220 a peace for them and not getting my Pandora then)

Back