The End?

Jeffery Mewtamer posted on Oct 17 2005 at 02:28 PM said:
I heard that the end of world will be around 5 billion A.D when the sun goes red giant.

As for the Terrorist stuff: The only country that is a terrorist country from my viewpoint is America. Most terrorists are part of private origanizations not the government of a country. The American Government is almost doing a repeat of the holocaust, except against Muslims instead of Jews.

Okayyyy,

Just search the net for a beheading video...

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog posted on Oct 17 2005 at 04:48 PM said:
I heard that the end of world will be around 5 billion A.D when the sun goes red giant.

As for the Terrorist stuff: The only country that is a terrorist country from my viewpoint is America. Most terrorists are part of private origanizations not the government of a country. The American Government is almost doing a repeat of the holocaust, except against Muslims instead of Jews.

Okayyyy,

Just search the net for a beheading video...
Videos can do that? NOOOOO!!! We are doomed!!!!!

geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
Im building a "end of world shelter hide-a-way" out of cardboard boxes, I suggest you all do the same!, Tesco boxes are best :D
Haha, and then when we run out of food, we can eat the cardboard.

What are the risks?

In 1000 years reversing of the Earth's magnetic pole.
In 30000 our solar system will be passing more nearby stars. This might put more comets and meteors closer to the centre of sol system.
In 200000 years pernament change of climate because radiation power of sun will increase.

There're also few meteors posing a risk within few hundreds years.

So assuming technology advance to a controlled fusion, more sophisticated genetics and cybernetics changes of survival aren't that bad. But we might not be (for bad or good) those same beings we're naming now the humans.

This is a ballsless topic.

Buddhism is the one true religion.

Or not. I don't care. Religion is the culmination of human imagination.

av-1235.gif

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!

copied from jeghegy's avvy

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 06:10 PM said:
And I use my VCR as a bazooka and my ipod as a landmine.

:D

Radek posted on Oct 18 2005 at 03:58 AM said:
What are the risks?

In 1000 years reversing of the Earth's magnetic pole.
In 30000 our solar system will be passing more nearby stars. This might put more comets and meteors closer to the centre of sol system.
In 200000 years pernament change of climate because radiation power of sun will increase.

There're also few meteors posing a risk within few hundreds years.

So assuming technology advance to a controlled fusion, more sophisticated genetics and cybernetics changes of survival aren't that bad. But we might not be (for bad or good) those same beings we're naming now the humans.
The next magnetic polar reversal is further away then that if i remember!

Belgarath posted on Oct 16 2005 at 10:40 PM said:
The end of the world will actually occur at the end of 2012
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Please, no.. more... 2012 crap.. please...
Anyway, we'll all be dead by the time the world really DOES end, so what's it matter? Tra-la-la, we'll all be dead, no one to see the Earth's final bed.. we'll all be rotting in the ground, so we'll never hear the Earth's death sound..

The American Government is almost doing a repeat of the holocaust, except against Muslims instead of Jews.
?! :huh: !?

I believe that some things the US has done are a bit extreme, but attempting to compare it to the holocaust is ridiculous.

rabbits with hats posted on Oct 16 2005 at 10:35 PM said:
With all the bad stuff thats happened in the last year like the earthquakes and now with the pandemic flu coming that this is the end?
On a tv programme I saw about bible codes it said that the world would end in 2006 when terrorist gain the power of nuclear weapons? Iran?
Will we have time to play our Gp2Xes?
Or have I lost it?
256px-Duerer-apocalypse.png

The end could come tomorrow when a giant asteroid smashes into the earth. Or it could come in a billion years. The fact is no one knows.

It is not predicted by any religeous bullshit though. There is no god so you don't have to worry about "him" wiping you out ;)

DaveC posted on Oct 19 2005 at 01:34 AM said:
The end could come tomorrow when a giant asteroid smashes into the earth. Or it could come in a billion years. The fact is no one knows.

It is not predicted by any religeous bullshit though. There is no god so you don't have to worry about "him" wiping you out ;)
asteroid movements are, however, predicted by NASA. :p

Axeman posted on Oct 17 2005 at 07:37 AM said:
There's always been pandemics, and there's always been natural disasters. Statistically, they usually occur spaced out, but for a change, a few (and only a few) events have occured closer together.

Yeah, this is true, but one of the main reasons why the effects of natural disasters are seemingly getting worse is an increased risk to hazard. As the population continues to grow and human infrastructure expands, damage to both human life and human infrastructure will obviously increase - even if natural disaster frequency and intensity stay the same.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
The American Government is almost doing a repeat of the holocaust, except against Muslims instead of Jews.
?! :huh: !?

I believe that some things the US has done are a bit extreme, but attempting to compare it to the holocaust is ridiculous.

agreed. However for a supposedly civilized and benevolent country which is only interested in peace (*snigger*), guantanamo bay is a fucking disgrace.

Back