Mp4nation

sand_man

Dear Customer,

You may or may not be aware our site MP4NATION.COM is down and unaccessible, the full reason for this is still unknown to us. Our hosting provider, Yahoo Domains, placed a hold on our webhosting account, not only affecting MP4NATION.COM but 4 of our other sites. Our site, from our webtracking, shows it went down at about 5am EST on 11/20/07. We have since called Yahoo and after a long process of being placed on hold and being transferred to numerous 'departments', we were informed that our account was placed on hold due to a violation of their 'Terms of service' - apparently SPAM was being 'sent' from us to thousands upon thousands of people.

Obviously this Spam was not sent by anyone at MP4NATION, what we do know is that about 3 weeks ago we saw a lot of returned mail in our spam mail box for all sorts of stuff, the return email addresses were always ' something@mp4nation.com' - basically someone was sending spam but was making it look like it was being sent from mp4nation.com. Please be assured none of our systems were compromised, it was someone simply using a program to make the originating email and return email seem like it was from MP4Nation.

Is this the end of MP4NATION.COM - for the domain name, maybe, from what i have been reading online on how Yahoo handles matters like this, it seems even when the fault is not the website owners, they are still held responsible and accounts are left frozen. As we registered our domain through them, they are entitled to keep and take ownership of the domain if they freeze any account.

Is this the end of our store - NO, nothing that actually drives the store has been affected, we are all still here, our payment gateway is unaffected, we are still shipping players out and taking new orders. What has been affected is traffic to our site, we now need to send out the word on what has happened. For the time being we have mirrored our site (minus the forum) to the below address and you can make purchases through:

http://www.xcessnation.com

In the end what made MP4NATION, were the players we offered, the low prices and good service (ok more like improving-at-a-very-fast-pace-service). The worst part is that this had to occur right before Christmas, we at MP4 Nation have worked hard to build this site, we would appreciate that if you were planning on buying anything from us for Christmas to still do so, if you have referred any friends, to let them know of the new temporary site and to let anyone else know of our site change. Just a reminder we now have priority shipping available.

I know that our site will be back to receiving quite a lot of traffic within a month or so, but a great loss (for now) is that we may not be be to recover our forums and need to start our community all over again. You can visit http://www.mympxplayer.org forum, we have an active thread on our site in their general discussion section.

Till we sort everything out, please contact me directly at razzer001@gmail.com - emails sent to our mp4nation addresses don't come to us and aren't bouncing back to people either.

I hope that you all understand just how ridiculous this is and how hard we have worked to build our site over the past 20 months and to just have the rug pulled out from under us right before the peak global shopping period, is quite crushing.

I hope you choose to support, buy and become apart of our community again in the future.

Thank you.

Prithvi Shenoy
Store Owner of MP4 NATION
(AKA Raz)

--
MP4 NATION
TEMP Mirrored site: http://www.xcessnation.com
Email: razzer001@gmail.com

MARCH 2006 - MARCH 2007
A Year old with many satisfied customers

Thank you sandman, it must be crushing for the site's owners for this to happen to them, and just before the Christmas season as well. I'll be sure to spread the word myself too.

I'm actually a first time buyer and still waiting for my player to arrive. It hasn't been so long to be worried about anything yet... let's hope it stays that way.

I have received my unit two days ago, and I am really enjoying it. However, it's really bad that the mp4nation forums are not online any more. It conained very helpful stuff. On which platform is the jxd301 community now?

So, what did we learn from this?

Don't buy hosting or domain names from Yahoo, and try and always keep the providers different for both name and hosting - then at least you can take the name somewhere else if this happens.

As for the JXD forums, I guess we just use Emuboards from now on.

hi this is the admin from MP4 Nation, we're back at our new domain http://www.mp4nation.net

Yup i learned my lesson, keep your hosting company and the company you've got controlling your domain separate.

Anyways thanks for your support, i hope those of you that have your JXD 301 are enjoying them, those that have ordered and waiting for them to arrive, i hope they arrive soon and i hope those looking to buy will take advantage of our X'mas JXD special.

We also got the forums back, sadly my only backup of the forum was about a month and a half old, so lots of data lost. Hope to see some of you back there. http://www.mp4nation.net/forum

Happy Holidays

thatMP4guy said:
hi this is the admin from MP4 Nation, we're back at our new domain http://www.mp4nation.net

Yup i learned my lesson, keep your hosting company and the company you've got controlling your domain separate.

Anyways thanks for your support, i hope those of you that have your JXD 301 are enjoying them, those that have ordered and waiting for them to arrive, i hope they arrive soon and i hope those looking to buy will take advantage of our X'mas JXD special.

We also got the forums back, sadly my only backup of the forum was about a month and a half old, so lots of data lost. Hope to see some of you back there. http://www.mp4nation.net/forum

Happy Holidays

hope you have better luck with host this time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sand_man said:
I'm actually a first time buyer and still waiting for my player to arrive. It hasn't been so long to be worried about anything yet... let's hope it stays that way.
Sorry to bump an old thread but... I still haven't received my mp4 player yet! I tried the tracking number on hongkongpost.com and I get no results.
What the hell do I do now? It's been 6 weeks! I just emailed mp4nation to let them know. Let's see what they have to say about this.

Oh that sucks man. Hope you will figure something out...

hongkongpost.com tracking never works.

At least not the 3 times i had something shipped by them. But it shouldn´t take more than 2 weeks to get your stuff...

2 days ago, mp4nation said
Hi,

We have requested a package trace on your parcel, it will take about 1 - 2 working days for the post office to get back to us on this matter

Thank you.

Haven't heard back yet

sand_man said:
2 days ago, mp4nation said
Hi,

We have requested a package trace on your parcel, it will take about 1 - 2 working days for the post office to get back to us on this matter

Thank you.
Haven't heard back yet

Hi this is admin from mp4nation, please send us another email so i can check to see if we got your trace back. I am sorry, because of the Christmas rush, our speed to reply to customer emails and such slowed to a snails crawl, only catching up now.

Back