The Cradle

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
You can now buy this, £39.99
http://gp2x.co.uk/gp2xbreakoutboard.html

cradle.jpg

Well that's certainly a good bit of news, now for a price AND availability.

That is awesome... i will be so sad if it ends up costing more than 60 dollars though. I need this thing. How many of these will be initially produced because something tells me that 40% of gp2x users will buy one.

Not shown on Craigix's site yet - how much?

It will be interesting to see what people think of it when they get it, and what it supports - eg it is fine having a keyboard attached, but apart from editing bash files, what else would it be useful for? A mouse is nice, but the menu is easy to navigate with the joystick. Great idea for external storage and flash cards and proper USB joystick, but many USB joysticks need configuration and have different key layouts - how is this going to work with existing emulators out of interest? External storage is a "yes" (although you can have multi SD cards), an external commercial joystick is "yes" (providing it works out of the box).

Waiting for its first reviews with interest...

bacteria said:
Not shown on Craigix's site yet - how much?

It will be interesting to see what people think of it when they get it, and what it supports - eg it is fine having a keyboard attached, but apart from editing bash files, what else would it be useful for? A mouse is nice, but the menu is easy to navigate with the joystick. Great idea for external storage and flash cards and proper USB joystick, but many USB joysticks need configuration and have different key layouts - how is this going to work with existing emulators out of interest? External storage is a "yes" (although you can have multi SD cards), an external commercial joystick is "yes" (providing it works out of the box).

Waiting for its first reviews with interest...
I think it wouldn't be a problem. Most of the emulators support Multiple USB Joystick input. Some of them are MAME, PicoDrive, gnGeo... There are some applications supporting USB Mouse and Keyboard too. For example GPE and X11 Server. I think support for USB devices will expand rapidly with the release of this cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
the actual version 0.7 of gngeo don't support USB joy but the devbuild version support them ;)

I can only hope keyboard support is added to the old 8-Bit computers (speccy, CPC, c64 etc) and mouse support for ScummVM and quake/Duke would be brilliant :D

Cant wait until I can order one of these things.

:lol:

?

* Connects 5V/3A AC Adapter *

... is this different from the 'developer's' version? The manual states;

"DC 3V Adaptor Jack : Connects to Adaptor of regulated voltage of DC3V"

?

Was going to do the lego mod thing but providing the price is ok I think I will be getting one of these instead (lego is just too expensive). You'd think they could provide a power supply with it though.....

Back