The Communication Cube

He managed to make me turn it off after 2 seconds, I think that's a new record.
I hate it when people fake interest and use it as an introduction "Hey everybody, how's it going?", it's even worse at that speed and even worse when done in front of a camera with nobody being able to respond at all.
Instant dislike.

Reactions: rSl
He managed to make me turn it off after 2 seconds, I think that's a new record.
I hate it when people fake interest and use it as an introduction "Hey everybody, how's it going?", it's even worse at that speed and even worse when done in front of a camera with nobody being able to respond at all.
Instant dislike.

How do I roll my eyes at someones post?

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll get the hang of it if you practice :)

Funny-Photoshopped-Thumbs-Image.jpg

I've heard of this one, but I always thought it was a reference to EPCOT.

Storage for irradiated food... I have a rule: If bacteria and fungi want to eat it, then it's real food. Weckjars for life!
"Is all made out of plastic? Almost".... so that's how we get cancer-inducing plastics in our bloodstream, drinking water, meat, etc.

Nice to see that buttons (hard to clean) made room to microswitches and then touch panels (easier to clean).
Thermo-regulated windows (get darker with more light) were not good at keeping the heat out, but now we have solarpanneled windows.
Microwave never delivered the promise (because they are now so cheap that they use tricks like rotation to give you the illusion that it's cooking evenly, but I still have a cold spot just in the center of mine), and gas/electric/induction is still way better. Plus, microwaves still leak (so dangerous to be near them).
Furniture of plastic is still more expensive than pressed wood (IKEA), which is "good enough".
And you can answer the door in the toilet... but they do not mention the greatest joy a man can have: HIFI in your bathroom (so you can sing while showering, but with the company of some mariachis... or a metal band, depending on your music preference). Or take a shit to the tune of Mozart's music. We now have airpods, so you do not need cables at all... ah... can't shower with airpods? *bagger product* (Dutch swearing). Ok, so we do need some cables that connect to speakers (the speakers do not need 220volt, so you'd have to change the connectors (unless gold plated), and use some old-cheap-but-good speaker... with a long cable through the wall to an amplifier, Pandora, or similar.
The house is in the air.. that should keep some animals away. But bad for isolation. It means that ground heated houses need more power to warm the house. I slept on air mattresses when I bought my house... coldest thing you can buy (but beats sleeping on the floor)
No mention of fiberglass skylights... my favorite is the fiber-optic skylight spot (as you can carry the light in a bundle, so you can isolate your house better, unlike plain old fiberglass). Here's an image of that:
fiberoptic_light.jpg

Here we see the thing that was designed for the NYC Underground park, but instead of an expensive tracking dish, we use a dome that collects the sunlight. And you can bend fiberglass, so you can reach 2 floors down too Imagine sunlight in your basement! You can sunbathe with a drink, in private! :)

Reactions: rSl
I'll just note that as far as I've heard yet, there's no evidence supporting your assertion that plastic causes cancer. Meanwhile ultraviolet light, especially UVB and above it is ionising and therefore potentially cancerous. Filreoptics transmitting light subterraneously would include quite a lot of UV including UVB and above, so those people with light complexions would need to wear sun hats indoors, and some sort of cover in bed, and maybe gloves and socks too. You can make filters to eliminate UV and you could even make the fibre optics out of such glass, but the light emitted tends to eliminate some blue light as well, so your indoor light would tend to be more red or orange than outdoor light.

I use a small Bluetooth Speaker at shower since lot of yeahrs and its still works
Its from JBL and meant to be waterproof
So no need to wear earpods in shower although the pro are waterproof

Gesendet von meinem SM-T515 mit Tapatalk

I'll just note that as far as I've heard yet, there's no evidence supporting your assertion that plastic causes cancer. Meanwhile ultraviolet light, especially UVB and above it is ionising and therefore potentially cancerous. Filreoptics transmitting light subterraneously would include quite a lot of UV including UVB and above, so those people with light complexions would need to wear sun hats indoors, and some sort of cover in bed, and maybe gloves and socks too. You can make filters to eliminate UV and you could even make the fibre optics out of such glass, but the light emitted tends to eliminate some blue light as well, so your indoor light would tend to be more red or orange than outdoor light.
AFAIK you need special glass, if you want to allow a high throughput of uv light - that's talking about thin panes. Are there even optic fibres, that are relevant uv light transducers?

I'll just note that as far as I've heard yet, there's no evidence supporting your assertion that plastic causes cancer.
It's the thing that makes plastics soft, that cut the strands of plastic to make it foldeable, that let's go of the material (especially when warm) and then the rest-plastic becomes brittle. Those things go inside cells and cut things there, in high quantities the cell can not live.
In Europe it's prohibited in food-grade plastics.

and socks too.
Finally a good reason to keep my socks on! I'll tell the wife.

AFAIK you need special glass, if you want to allow a high throughput of uv light - that's talking about thin panes. Are there even optic fibres, that are relevant uv light transducers?
Yes, I heard at school that plain glass attenuated UV (one of the reasons you can't get a suntan indoors), but looking at more up-to-date sources I've been unable to confirm this, so I'm not sure if glass has changed, or my school teacher was simply attributing the lack of tanning indoors incorrectly. I think I did caveat my post somewhat because I wasn't sure how much UV came through fibre optics, but maybe I didn't caveat it enough.

Back