The Communication Cube

China still makes most money from these kind of hybrid free-market activities, raising the average wealth for every citizen
China is an interesting case. Everyone just sold their farms and moved into a city because it the gov promoted it but now you can only get a degrading service sector job, have much less space and breath dirty air. But you can afford gadgets.

The golden age of capitalism is behind us. In the 80's everyone had a comfortable suburban home but now we all live in small apartments. China, South Korea and many other developing nations leapfrogged into heavy urbanization trying to be modern but now the younger generation have a much lower standard of living, high suicide rates and low birth rates. I can tell you for a fact Korea is not a balanced, optimistic society.

So we're at the tail end of capitalism. It worked great for North America, Europe and Japan but trying to get on board now seems like a poor choice. China - with their iron-grip regime - missed the boat. We are now further from utopia.

Capitalism is about companies competing on quality and cost. But now competition is so fierce if you want to survive you best be a mega-corporation. And children now start studying 8+ hours a day at age 7, effectively sacrificing their youth. For what? There aren't enough jobs so it's all such a waste, nature is gone and you can only afford processed food. But you look good on tiktok.

Peony has started picking up Americanisms. We were watching a video earlier and she came out with "Wow! That colour really pops.".
On an unrelated note, we're going on holiday next week. I do like a nice view so I got us a room on the 28th floor and I even paid extra to get a room with a balcony.

• Love
Reactions: rSl

Got new glasses, this time whit blue filter (for Computer Work), and they get Automatic darker when they got exposed to sunlight, ( so i dont need sunglasses ) .. , will post a new pictures as far as i get spare time for this, so hopefully it will help move these mole pictures on the "Post Pictures of yourself" Thread to a few pages away..

I spotted a Steam Deck in the Ukrainian arsenal to control remote control machine guns:

machinegun.pngsteamdeck.png

Last edited:
They would rather use a Pyra, as the Steamdeck is much too big.. but in comparassion to what a usual militari used device for this purpose would cost, its a quite clever idea ^^

But you have much better shoulderbuttons on Steamdeck for Fire Controll as they are Analogue ..

The Steamdeck got lots of Updates, and this can get quite anoying, and its eats quite some batterie ^^

But better to use the steamdeck for this purpose, than a cheap logitech gamepad to controll a Submarine ...

The Steamdeck got lots of Updates, and this can get quite anoying, and its eats quite some batterie ^^

But better to use the steamdeck for this purpose, than a cheap logitech gamepad to controll a Submarine ...
I was so surprised as you seem, but it seems to be standard practice, and it kind of makes sense and doesn't at the same time...
I mean:
The video-game industry always will outspend the military on improving human-computer interaction.
Can someone stop Earth, I'd like to step down. Does anyone know a planet where expense on water/fire-retardant drone bomber controllers for forest fire fighting outspends games, and military spending is zero ? Do they want me in ?

Reactions: rSl
I learned today that the Wii had some memory storage in the Wii-mote controller, so you could use a personal controller and move between Wii's with some settings, avatars (Mii's) or savegames. Only a handful of games really supported it though, transferring Mii's could be useful for more games that used Mii-characters in-game.

Last one.
Looks like a harmless villain, I'm not an expert in recognizing villains though.

After watch an old Quake 3 video I was re-watching a video from 2012 where John Carmack explains his view on VR headsets and the prototype he's working on (Oculus Rift) including a future stand-alone mode (which became the Quest I guess).
They paved lots of current technology, from Wolfenstein 3D to a more universal rendering pipeline, shaders and VR.

Quake 3 video:

Last edited:
Back