The Communication Cube

I feel lucky to have a car. It's very comfortable, can hold lots of junk, has nice music and is always the right temperature. And it takes me places I want to go. Liberty hell yes. But extremely expensive, noisy, dirty and risky. Let's not forget symbols of wealth aka inequality. I believe within our lifetimes cars will be deprecated and rendered not worth the effort. It's a pity, cars are awesome and one of humanities greatest accomplishments. but the way things are going drivers will be scapegoated and we'll all end up on the bus or isolating.

Edit: How would I get satellite imagery from by GPS position on a raspi? I can't find a way of adding such in navit. Will look into other programs.
QGIS is amazing, there's hundreds of interesting plugins
related https://www.gpsbabel.org/
You can add satellite photography layers to Viking. Not sure now if it can take your position from GPS, I'd think yes, but not sure.
Navit was not a kind of program that looked able to do that, back then when I tried it. Looked to o vector based for that. Maybe some application from OpenMoko, I forgot the name...

Where do they even get speed limits from?
I think in the UK they're set initially by the highway agency, with motoways being set to 70mi/h and dual carriageways set to 45mi/h and local roads set to 30mi/h, and other roads set to 60mi/h and you're asked to use your judgement. On top of that, I believe local councils have say over local roads, and can set the limit to 20mi/h or 45mi/h on specific roads.

Edit: Forgot my distance name shortenings for international viewers. Better now.

Last edited:
Wooot? I think a snail is faster than that. o_O Going that slow, I'd need over 1,500.0 hours to get to work.

Well, what a lot of Drivers dont see is that the Speed Limit is just a Limit, even if the German Gourverment ditnt made the 130 Speedlimit on the German Autobahn a lot Drivers want, you dont have to drive more than 130.. ..

I have a reminding Beeper in my Fiat Van, as this was a Italien/Turkey Car where 130 is the Limit, i take it out in the Car Menue when i get the Van, but now i reingaged it .. 130 is a quite confortable speed..

Finished rereading Journey of Souls, been reading parts of Destiny of Souls. Some of this stuff conflicts with near death experience accounts. Like how he says human and animal souls are different, and they don’t incarnate as each other. I’ve read an NDE account where the person was shown past lives as animals. He also says demons don’t exist, but there are plenty of NDEs featuring them.

What really gets me though is that Newton’s subjects never see God in the spirit world, even though he pops up quite often in NDEs. Why would God only appear to the temporarily dead and not those between lives?

I’m supposed to see some snow tonight. More importantly, a hurricane strength bomb cyclone is going to bring super-bad weather to the Northeastern US this weekend. Do we know anyone from there?

Tried running the old Raspi Zero off a power bank. It's been 3 days now and it went from 94% to 8%. That's a 10 Ah bank on the label. More realistically 7,5 Ah. Granted the Pi did nothing but write one line to a log file every minute. Still impressed though.
Edit: It's been happily running off a 9v li-ion block battery for 2,5 hrs now, at 7,25v and still going.
Trustfire-9V-550mAh-z-mozliwoscia-ladowania-micro-USB_[512]_1200.jpg
got a few of those for smoke detectors, pretty handy

ed. 4 hrs 20 min 6,6 v

Last edited:
Tried running the old Raspi Zero off a power bank. It's been 3 days now and it went from 94% to 8%. That's a 10 Ah bank on the label. More realistically 7,5 Ah. Granted the Pi did nothing but write one line to a log file every minute. Still impressed though.
Edit: It's been happily running off a 9v li-ion block battery for 2,5 hrs now, at 7,25v and still going.
View attachment 37819
got a few of those for smoke detectors, pretty handy

ed. 4 hrs 20 min 6,6 v
what if you run mupen?

but to plug
Hmm.
what if you run mupen?
I don't think mupen is playable on the zero. Have yet to try it on the 3b+. The 0 will only take the occasional picture and host a simple webpage. I'd like to have it work on solar. But I might have to wait for the ESP82 to do that with a reasonably small panel.

Nice:

During a COVID-19 news search, I somehow found out that Whoopi Goldberg was suspended from The View for two weeks for saying that the Holocaust wasn’t about race. This was during a discussion of the graphic novel Maus.

The funny thing to me here is that in Maus, the Holocaust was about species, not race. Those poor mice…

Jewishness is not a race. A Jew is a descendant of Abraham, regardless of what his race is. Though Hitler imprisoned many ethnic groups besides Jews. Gays and Jehovah's Witnesses were on his target list as well, some say that the Jehovah's Witnesses got send to camps even before Jews did.

Back