The commercial game Halloween (FPS) for Linux is now the open source project

@Farox

Thank you.

It works perfectly on Ubuntu 20.4 when I create this directory.

I noticed that the Windows version doesn't have a screenshot directory, and Halloween creates it when I press 5.

Finally i have done a release for Pyra look here https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/halloween-3d-fps.99635/

I noticed that the Windows version doesn't have a screenshot directory, and Halloween creates it when I press 5.
Yes the game have the code to create the directory if its not existent...but on Linux we need to have writing permission for it so it didn't work...better to create before that directory so the game can save.

Yeah, /distrib/system/screenshots is not a standard directory in any linux I've used (and it's not in the LSB). Probably better if you could be modified to use a folder in the appdata for the pyra port.

Yeah, /distrib/system/screenshots is not a standard directory in any linux I've used (and it's not in the LSB). Probably better if you could be modified to use a folder in the appdata for the pyra port.
I have moved all the files and directorys to appdata/halloween3d/ on the Pyra version so the game could save screenshots and savegames.

Ah, but you still don't have permissions to create that folder there? That's unexpected to me, since I'd expect the appdata folder to be owned by the same user who has launched the DBP. I guess you can check that by cding into the appdata directory and doing an 'ls -ld'.

this is from my script that exec the game:
Bash:
if [ ! -d "system" ];then

tar xf system.tar.gz
fi

so i created a tar.gz archive and then extracted to appdata/halloween3d on the sdcard.
This infos i have copyed from other dbp's by ptitSeb.

But it fails to work, reporting a permission error?
No error, it works.
At first i tried to copy files from package to SDCard but i get only permission errors...so i looked around the other DBP and i found this method.

I found another issue with a missing texture file, but this time it exists in the test version of Halloween:

Code:
body_Red.tga
body_Red.jpg
Error in loading the image: system/textures/body_Red.jpg
Loading: system/entity/monstre.ent
body_Red.tga
body_Red.jpg
Error in loading the image: system/textures/body_Red.jpg

@Brizzly27
I'm not sure if a file from the test version of Halloween should be added to the final version of this game.

Do you have other versions of this file?

Holarse wrote about an article about Halloween:

I thought that I had Raspberry Pi 3, but it is Raspberry Pi 2 - I didn't remember it correctly.
I bought it because Runesoft released ATD for Linux ARM.

I was able to build Halloween on it, but it's unplayable.

I probably build it incorrectly, which could explain why it works so slowly.

Thank you for the answer.

I found a howto about GL4ES, and I will try it tomorrow:

I need some time to figure it out.

@Brizzly27
Farox solved the issue with screenshots on Linux.

Can you add the empty directory: screenshots under distrib/system?

Back