The back side of the lid

laserbeams

I've heard suggestions for LCDs which could share a backlight with the main display as is done with many cellphones. I've also heard touchpads, or just configurable lights.

What I'd love to have? E-ink.

And a few buttons to support its operation. This would make the lid thicker, and would probably be an engineering nightmare with either two display cables or one cable and some automatic toggle between the two displays (as you can't really use both at once, unless maybe you're playing battleship), but I think it could be quite useful as far as pie-in-the-sky ideas go.

It could could be used as a small e-reader, allow controlling media players, playing slow games like chess/crosswords/sudoku/minesweeper, to display basic system status, or even display custom logos all with very low power consumption. There is an infrared multi-touch technology used with some e-books now, and e-ink panels aren't as fragile as LCDs nor do they require a glass coating. It might even be stronger than the lid plastic. ;)

I'd put, an eink display behind a circular window (maybe 3cm diameter) on the back of the lid

and a capacitive touchpad on the base of the P2 where the battery compartment cover is now

Maybe like an Iron Man led on the back of the lid?

Revoltech-SFX-Iron-Man-Mark-III-Light-Up-Feature-Image-300x300.jpg

Circular or Triangular.

Back