The Argument Shed

I think this thread should be closed.

I Just think it's sad that we can't commemorate people who died in a horrific terrorist attack, without turning it into a pathetic bitchfight.

[/quote]
Solution made. Everyone ignore Magus 86.
[/quote]

Already have

I think this thread should be closed.

I Just think it's sad that we can't commemorate people who died in a horrific terrorist attack, without turning it into a pathetic bitchfight.

well said.

[/quote]

There's a slight difference between a natural diaster that killed around 200,000 people and a terrorist attack that affected only a (sorry to phrase it this way) small part of the country and killed, 52.
[/quote]

Speaking to a friend of mine who works for London underground and he says theres no way that its the number currently reported. The Media and goverment are currently keeping it pretty hush, hence they are still refusing to release names of the dead to the families yet of those missing.

If you ever travelled on london transport at rush hour when the trains are so full you can barely shut the doors. If a bomb goes of in a tight tunnel there is little escape the impact of the explosion is far more concentrated as there is nowhere for it to go.
Considering three tubes were hit in tunnels and a bus which was blown to shreds. 4 days later now at kings Cross and there still are removing bodies from there alone. :(

Both friday and today we have had bomb alert emails round at work that stations near where i work had closed down while investigation is underway.. its does unnerve you somewhat, i guess i haven't got much of sense of humor about this matter at present.

I may have lost my rag but i have found the whole affair both very disturbing and tragic. I just find it a shame that some feel the need to mock. Its seems so pointless and in bad taste but I should know better than to bit back..

Anyway thats my last post on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on Jul 11 2005 at 04:40 PM said:
Magus 86 I've fought a long time never to say this but....

INTERNET SERIOUS BUSINESS

Um... what? That's not even a sentence... where's the verb, and what the hell are you trying to say?

It comes from "the internet is a serious business", used to mock those that take the internet seriously and get offended on the internet by those they've never met.

Surely it would be better applied to anybody in this thread that got insulted by the jokes however, of which Magus wasn't one.

Ah, I see... Then there was clearly no reason for it to be directed at me... but nevermind that, because they're too busy having fun in their little delusional worlds where somehow I'm the one who needs to be told to take things less seriously...

kknd_cf posted on Jul 11 2005 at 02:40 PM said:

I'm assuming this was meant as "the internet >>>IS<<< serious business."

If you're saying the internet isn't important, then why have you struggled to make your ideas known and believed? Example: You made your last post trying to be right, but the internet isn't "important business," so why did you even say it? Can I get a loud HYPOCRITE?

Viperman5686 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 02:09 AM said:
kknd_cf posted on Jul 11 2005 at 02:40 PM said:

I'm assuming this was meant as "the internet >>>IS<<< serious business."

If you're saying the internet isn't important, then why have you struggled to make your ideas known and believed? Example: You made your last post trying to be right, but the internet isn't "important business," so why did you even say it? Can I get a loud HYPOCRITE?

The irony is it's not meant to be taken serouisly.

sam fisher posted on Jul 12 2005 at 06:28 AM said:
tom, just ban them
I know this is a privately ran forum, and moderator discretion applies so the mods would be well within their rights to ban anybody (hey, meritocracy is the implicit rule running most non-shitty internet sites) but I don't think anybody has done anything particularly wrong here.

sam fisher posted on Jul 12 2005 at 05:28 AM said:
tom, just ban them

Sam, shut up. You resort to banning and reporting far to often.

LHC posted on Jul 12 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
I don't think anybody has done anything particularly wrong here.

As much as I disliked your shitty, not too funny and very tactless joke, I agree. Part of discussing events like this are the dickheads who think its funny (although I acknowledge that its not your joke, your just passing it on).

If we can't discuss tragedys like this in an open and uncensored way then we lose. But I still don't have to like it.

oh and lhc, the "filthy ultra-liberal" line was supposed to be ironic, but I guess that doesn't come through to well over the net.

ive reported oen thread. i got banned for not posting a fucking link. hmmmmm. os i wonder why i want people banned for not serious things like insulting the many hundreds now wounded and the dozens of people defietly dead in london. hmmm i wonder why.

I know this is a privately ran forum, and moderator discretion applies so the mods would be well within their rights to ban anybody (hey, meritocracy is the implicit rule running most non-shitty internet sites) but I don't think anybody has done anything particularly wrong here.
We get asked to ban people all the time, it rarely ever happens.

Rico posted on Jul 13 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
We get asked to ban people all the time, it rarely ever happens.
Shouldn't that be "barely ever happens"?

/just asking for a ban :D

sam fisher posted on Jul 13 2005 at 12:46 AM said:
ive reported oen thread. i got banned for not posting a fucking link. hmmmmm. os i wonder why i want people banned for not serious things like insulting the many hundreds now wounded and the dozens of people defietly dead in london. hmmm i wonder why.
To be fair you've been banned about 8 times, 7 of which were for spamming.

Klown posted on Jul 12 2005 at 11:57 PM said:
LHC posted on Jul 12 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4674463.stm

Looks like it could be suicide bomb related anyway.
I smell a massive anti-muslim attitude being lead by the press shortly. *sigh*

We have to remain vigilant of our muslim friends though dont we? If a middle eastern looking fellow gets on my train/bus (whatever), I'm going to be watching him.

It's nothing to "*sigh*" about.

I say do what the Russians are supposedly doing and wrap any dead musilim terrorists they find in bacon. That is the only way to deter them. No heaven and no virgins for them.

Kop_007 posted on Jul 13 2005 at 02:16 PM said:
Klown posted on Jul 12 2005 at 11:57 PM said:
LHC posted on Jul 12 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4674463.stm

Looks like it could be suicide bomb related anyway.
I smell a massive anti-muslim attitude being lead by the press shortly. *sigh*

We have to remain vigilant of our muslim friends though dont we? If a middle eastern looking fellow gets on my train/bus (whatever), I'm going to be watching him.

It's nothing to "*sigh*" about.

I say do what the Russians are supposedly doing and wrap any dead musilim terrorists they find in bacon. That is the only way to deter them. No heaven and no virgins for them.

The day we copy anything that Russia does will be a very sad day.

Back