The After. Talking about the competition.

as you can see port won best prizes.. that's not based on merit, no matter how hard a port, the time taken for the original homebrew is bigger!

if we considered the possibility of opening a pandora then yes, but compare port with the original entries in my opinion is not right.

with regard to the votes I personally voted 3 different entries, I do not know who did the same as it was not explained

I repeat I do not speak for my position

It was just the chosen path for this competition I guess. Managing forum-based voting for multiple categories would be a big job - but doable. Previous competitions have had far fewer entrants, so perhaps it's only in hindsight we can see that categories might have been a good idea.

Another option is a single category, but judged by a private panel of judges. In that situation the judges would have a scoring system broken down in to areas like originality, usability, polish etc. Homebrew entries would generally earn the highest originality scores in a system like that, which would boost their overall position.

But we didn't have those systems. We had one where points were awarded based on what each user thought added the most value to the platform - without prejudice, if you like. It's a reflection of the userbase, warts and all depending on your opinion!

There will be more competitions :) And I'm sure the judging system will evolve to suit.

I think the purpose of the competition was achieved, personally: to motivate people to get stuff running on Pandora ..

Agreed, hopefully the unfinished entries will get finished though and don't fall through the cracks like in the last compo.

i thought we should expect Greyout and Schizophrenia updates sometime?

I still wonder why there was only 153 voters.

Maybe most users are just happy with their favorite emulators ?

I never vote for these competitions because it would be unfair when I not test ALL entries. And of course I have not tested all entries, no time for this. ^^

But I'm happy for every new and good Pandora program we get. As long as the programms are keeping maintained and not abandoned, the best entry should win. Actualy, there should be a long term competition, I don't like quickshot projects that are only made for competitions and then are discontinued.

And I bareley use Emus on the Pandora anymore. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up everyone: The plan for this subforum is to eventually lock all threads, and they will become an archive of the competition. The subforum can then be used for future competitions. This won't happen for another week or two; and it won't happen if there is still good discussion happening in this thread. (The intention is to create a neat archive, not to stop discussion!)

Devs: Looking at the level of activity in your individual threads, it's clear that locking them will be a silly idea. So I think we'll move them all out of here (leaving links behind of course) so testing and feedback can continue. The default destination will be Beta Testing. If you would prefer your thread went to Software News or Development, or if you want anything else done like locking or merging, post here and I will make it so. You can always PM or use the report function to request changes later on too.

Like I said, no great hurry on this. Carry on. :)

Just a heads up everyone: The plan for this subforum is to eventually lock all threads, and they will become an archive of the competition. The subforum can then be used for future competitions. This won't happen for another week or two; and it won't happen if there is still good discussion happening in this thread. (The intention is to create a neat archive, not to stop discussion!)

Devs: Looking at the level of activity in your individual threads, it's clear that locking them will be a silly idea. So I think we'll move them all out of here (leaving links behind of course) so testing and feedback can continue. The default destination will be Beta Testing. If you would prefer your thread went to Software News or Development, or if you want anything else done like locking or merging, post here and I will make it so. You can always PM or use the report function to request changes later on too.

Like I said, no great hurry on this. Carry on. :)
I would like to know if it's possible to create a sub section in development section called operating systems, and a sub sub forum Slackware, and move he two other threads (rebirth + technical

) in it.

And maybe a locked thread as a front page, for releases, informations, links etc...

Back