That took a while...

thanks for this nice video-update!
i'm ok with any color, as long as it is coated with c64c light-beige. :)

Is the Pyra still 3.2cm thick? It looks thicker in the Video.
haha, don't be silly... it is a πra... so it should be 3.14159 cm thick...

In fact, if you divide the width by the length, you get the golden ratio...

LET PHI => 1.6180339887498948482
13.9/PHI = 8.59067244362354 (real length 8.7cm, 0.1 cm off from the golden ratio).

Last edited:
I so want to rip the foil off those displays…
Agreed. When I first saw those images I thought he might have cracked displays during assembly. It took closer inspection to realize it's just the peel-away shipping & assembly scratch guard layer.

Really? I use it all the time... To draw, play games, start programs... It's like an automatism for me to get the stylus out when I open my Pandora.
The screen is starting to show some scratches when light reflects on it now, because of Opsu mostly so I bought a spare screen just in case.
Any one have experience with polishing a resistive screen with toothpaste? :D

@Eight Bit, I use the D-Pad and keyboard almost entirely for XFCE4 navigation and program launching, I don't like being forced to break out a stylist and I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to touching the screen so I don't use my fingers. Also I can't Draw on paper let alone touchscreen. only game I really can affectively use with the touch screen is Diablo 2. But if I'm in the mood to play that game, I break out my Mouse.

Last edited:
@Eight Bit, I use the D-Pad and keyboard almost entirely for XFCE4 navigation and program launching, I don't like being forced to break out a stylist and I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to touching the screen so I don't use my fingers. Also I can't Draw on paper let alone touchscreen. only game I really can affectively use with the touch screen is Diablo 2. But if I'm in the mood to play that game, I break out my Mouse.

There were a few games that I played on the Pandora where the stylus became very useful. Playing Master of Magic even resulted in a few scuff marks on the lower right of my screen from repeated, 'next turn' pokes from the wear.

Pandora & Pyra are all about flexibility though. For some it's the stylus. I do both keyboard navigation &/or stylus depending on what I'm doing and the mood I'm in. Having the option is a plus.

I just barely use the touchscreen, it's an inferior input method anyway.

phoenix_wright_wallpaper_by_callmemh-d50xjil.png

DTH2400HD_INUSE_135_RGB.jpg

@Eight BitI don't like being forced to break out a stylist and I'm a bit of a clean freak
Me too. Consequently, when my hairdresser is in gaol I wash my own hair; freeing the incarcerated is just too stressful.

[Sorry; couldn't resist.]
[doublepost=1497645109,1497644777][/doublepost]
Does anyone else sometimes leave that on for a bit?
Yeah, I'm guilty of that. On my five-ish-year-old laptop there's still a piece of plastic film over the power button / LED. I get so much satisfaction from peeling those off, that I like to save the gratification for "later".

Yeah, I usually take screen film off quite quickly, but any other film protecting shiny plastic I leave on until it gets really quite grotty. I don't really like shiny plastic, so while the film looks no worse than it would look being off, I'm not fussed.

In terms of not using the touchscreen, my forced TV-out only unit doesn't have one, so I'm quite used to keyboard shortcuts and the likes. The only thing I absolutely have to use the nubs for is to get the system menu up (the one containing CPU speed, and options to turn on/off wifi, USB host, bluetooth etc.). Yesterday, my right nub decided it was going to turn off (or otherwise not report any value but [0,0]) so I finally had to figure out how to do all of that stuff using the /usr/pandora scripts. Turns out setting the cpu speed is surprisingly easy; '$ sudo /usr/pandora/scripts op_cpuspeed.sh 600' sets it to 600MHz. It's probably got the special privileges meaning I can run it with 'sudo -n' and not even have to enter a user password, thinking of it.

To each his own :) First thing I do when I get new electronics is pull all the plastic stuff off, it annoys me. :D
I take good care of it though, and tend to spend extra on a good case or sleeve to protect portable stuff.
I still have a 3rd gen ipod that looks like new while it's traveled 1000's of km's with me, all over the world. The DAC broke down though so it's useless now... The irony ;)

For those who don't use their touch screens, the Pandora one is awesome!
It's precise, sensitive (Remember this when in the heat of a battle! It's not necessary to push hard) and has good pressure sensitivity when drawing. It's remarkable how light a touch will be registered.
And it's tough! Some times I cringe and regret it that I let one of my kids draw on my Pandora but the screen keeps up well!

I hope the Pyra will have a touch screen as good as the Pandora's.

Back