Test the keymat!

the scary thing is walking into the internet, laughing at a "joke" like this (like HRC calling sex slaves hot dogs), and then realizing people actually meant it and took it for reals (and they go shoot up a pizza joint).

but it really does explain earthquakes quite well. unfortunately, gravity would still pull things off the surface of the earth on the inner side of the torus, inwards toward the sun. that is, until we discover the true moebius quantum loop gravity foam equation (MQLGFE), which is the last piece of the puzzle before scientists will commit to revealing the truth.

but seriously, why are flat earthers a thing??

They would also get pulled toward the moon. The real question is why haven't they made a moonbase.

I plan on filling a big trash bag full of air and jumping really hard the next time there is a full moon so I can check it out. Since the bag won't hold much air it will be a very quick trip, just to see what's there and what I need to bring so I can shoot lasers at all my enemies.
[doublepost=1506657598,1506640197][/doublepost]I was watching the latest episode of The Orville and got to thinking. Maybe we aren't on a planet. Maybe this is a massive space vessel. It works if you think about it, especially the southern hemisphere. Still doesn't stop us from burning up in a star.

So - the keymat is going to a meet & greet in Australia? Cool! We need a picture or video involving the Pyra and alcohol - just so it doesn't get jealous of the Pandora's pre-production days.
Well we've already had photos of the Pyra in connection with the consumption of caffeine, so alcohol is the obvious next step!

I meant to post earlier but time got away from me. My intention is to be at The Melbourne Central Lion from 3:30pm on Saturday.
hope to see you there.

-Neelix

For some reason it did not occur to me that it would be impossible to find a seat in a pub on grand final day. If anyones looking for me I'm standing next to the wall near the loos wearing a black acubra hat and a doctor who T-shirt.

BTW: does the package come to Vienna/Austria (again)? If yes, would the lucky receiver plan a meetup then?

AFAIK I'm the last one on the list. If you're really interested, write me a pm. I'm not too far from Vienna. Alternatively, you can try to speak to ED to insert one more destination on the list.

Thanks so much Neelix for bringing the Pyra down to the pub! As a lurker, I really appreciated being able to get an in-person feel for the size, and the keymat.

The keymat tactility is very good in my estimation. Keys depress a comfortable distance with a satisfying amount of springy resistance. Couple slightly 'sticky' keys, think this is fixed in the later revision keymat though? Remains to be seen exactly where the activation point is, but I'm confident it'll be a nice typing experience. Layout seems... okay. It probably hasn't been debated enough. Where should I post my suggestions?

The size of the unit surprised me, I was expecting it to be slightly too big for my taste. Instead, it was just about right for my hands, and fit comfortably in the pocket of my jeans, while still having a very reasonably sized display (hole). Nubs feel great, a little less stiff than I was expecting. The clicks on them feel fine.

I've attached a couple obligatory phone-camera-in-the-dark pictures which you shouldn't look at. Check out some of the earlier posts in this thread for good photos.

Overall, I'm more interested than I was before trying it out, and I'm looking forward to one day having a finished unit in my hands. Glad there's still enough interest in devices like this to fuel this sort of community effort.

DISCLAIMER: Haven't preordered. I usually try to wait for reviews, keeps me responsible... This is fairly high on my Christmas list, however. (C'mon ED... 2 months™ is in time for Christmas!)

image.jpg image.jpg

Hey @HatTrick, welcome to non-lurker-space :)

I still remember getting my first Pandora, no matter how many pictures you look at, once you hold it in hour hand it just feels so much smaller than expected. Thanks for posting more pictures, that is always a good thing :)

I understand the wish for Christmas, but we must be realistic. Even if all issues were fixed right now, then still board production, assembly, testing and shipping needs to take place. I am not even sure what other tasks are still needed, e.g. has CE certification already been done? Can that even be done with a non-final unit? So, unfortunately, 2 months is not a whole lot of time.

My guess, but I am a pessimist, is mid-to-late 2018.

Think you're right @Caine. Pessimism is one of the more accurate -isms. And I'd have to wait until all of you preorderers have had a slice, too... Still, maybe in time for christmas 2018? :)

I appreciate the need to not do everything in parallel, must keep the project sustainable after all, and of course no way should any of the hardware bug fixing be rushed! I await the fruit of all this effort with open wallet. That is, if kangaroo money is acceptable.

I meant to post earlier but time got away from me. My intention is to be at The Melbourne Central Lion from 3:30pm on Saturday.
hope to see you there.
-Neelix

For some reason it did not occur to me that it would be impossible to find a seat in a pub on grand final day. If anyones looking for me I'm standing next to the wall near the loos wearing a black acubra hat and a doctor who T-shirt.

I didn't see this early enough although I would have declined due to the grand final anyway given the crowds are probably still crazy right now!! (You're a mad man)

Mad man... yes well, I don't think anyone ever thought otherwise. ;-)

You know I could probably meet up some time this afternoon as long as you're willing to meet somewhere in the vicinity of Dandenong...

-Neelix

What is grand final day?

You Sir have great fashion sense.

Only the biggest game of the year in Aussie Rules Footy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afl_grand_final

wow... That's the first time anyone has ever accused me of that. :)

-Neelix

That is a fast way to rack up your 'nerd credit'. Forget that there is a giant national sporting event and show up in a t-shirt for a sci-fi show. The hat though - that tops it out. My hat is, quite literally, off to you.

Love the Acubra hats - wish they made one big enough to fit my 65cm noggin. I normally wear Irish flat caps. Handy that they can fold in half and slip into a jacket pocket.

Back