Test the keymat!

So I walk into the house this morning and get told that I've received a package. This leaves me momentarily mystified as I wasn't actually expecting anything. (xrandr took my delivery details but neglected to mention to me that the package was on it's way) My mystification wasn't helped by the size of the box which is quite a lot larger than I would have been expecting.

It didn't take me long to figure out what it had to be though, and sure enough when I opened the box I found... a smaller box, and a bunch of packing filler. So I opened the smaller box and found.... A plastic snake! :) (and of course the keymats and sample unit) The smaller box is the one that has been mentioned several times in this thread previously.

My first impression is that the plastic caps mean that the keys are a lot closer together than I expected them to be, and not being able to press the shoulder buttons made it hard to get a feel for how it it will feel for how it will feel to chord them with the keyboard as modifiers. That said, I really like how the keys feel when pressed. There is no lingering doubt as to whether the key made contact with the board, which was always my main issue with the Pandora keyboard.

As previously mentioned I think this calls for a pub meet at the Melbourne Central Lion. The only question in my mind is when. Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening works for me. Does anyone in Melbourne with an interest in seeing the test unit have a preference?

-Neelix

If anyone else checks it out and didn't have an account, let usknow their thoughts. If not, try not to let it get too drunk before its next leg of the trip, as we wouldn't want it getting lost.

Do you feel the key closeness will be a problem for regular typing?
[doublepost=1506533243,1506532995][/doublepost]
The front fell off?
I thought the package fell off, maybe into orbit. I was thinking we might need someone at the ISS to grab it, and (after testing it out) get it back down here to the next person. ED needs to gift the ISS with a Pyra and an SD card with some games and software.

I thought the package fell off, maybe into orbit. I was thinking we might need someone at the ISS to grab it, and (after testing it out) get it back down here to the next person. ED needs to gift the ISS with a Pyra and an SD card with some games and software.

The ISS hovers ABOVE the earth, the pyra would have fallen from the ridge BELOW the earthplate! How, for God’s sake , could the ISS ever grab it?! That’s completely unlogisch! Get your phisigs right man, honestly...

BTW: does the package come to Vienna/Austria (again)? If yes, would the lucky receiver plan a meetup then?

Sent via Tapatalk

Hover above the earth? Doesn't hovering imply a state of being stationary?

The ISS is orbiting, i.e. circling around the earth at a velocity of about 8 km/s. It laps around the earth every 1.5 hours.

Essentially it is continuously falling downwards to earth, and missing :)

No, the package has been all over europe now, and the US, and finally australia. Unless anyone from India joins or something, I think the next step is back to Germany. But if you're in Austria, presumably it isn't too hard for you to get to Bavaria and see more up to date Pyras in the flesh.

Ok, NO!
b971c646d131ef0206f66367bc06118a.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

Ok, NO!
b971c646d131ef0206f66367bc06118a.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk
Ok, your picture is way wrong. Your discworld aside as already mentioned, the Pyra didn't jump off the planet. Someone took it to the southern hemisphere (because earth looks like a ball, not a circle...you are thinking of the moon, which the ISS is not above, or we would see it on certain nights). If someone put it on the ground or something without something else to hold it in place it would have have fallen off and we probably wouldn't be able to get it back because it had been falling for too long and far for us to easily reach, plus it would have kept falling (what is the terminal velocity of a box with a Pyra case, keymats, a rubber snake, stickers, and whatever else, and how long would it have been falling before we tried to retrieve it?). I know it is difficult to understand, just like my mistake about the ISS being able to swing under the planet and being able to make it back up to the top, caused by my understanding that it goes really fast, and assuming it was fast enough, like a rocket, to escape gravity, but forgetting that it wouldn't have enough thrust to change directions to stop falling and go back up. It is not worth the risk or expense just to rescue a Pyra case and keymats, if it would work.

I thought it was understood that (unaltered) photographs were intended by that comment.

Now I am trying to understand the seasons based on that, and I can't make it fit.

I thought it was understood that (unaltered) photographs were intended by that comment.

Now I am trying to understand the seasons based on that, and I can't make it fit.

The depiction is incorrect. "Equatorial" land masses are on the inside of the toroid which encompasses the sun in the middle. The whole thing bobs up and down resulting in seasons. Day/night cycles are generated as the toroid twists in a moebius fashion - which causes stress resulting in earthquakes and volcanoes. The moon orbits the toroid passing in and out of the great circle. The rest of the planets are actually surface features of a much larger mobius toroid.

This is of course all being hidden through a giant conspiracy within the scientific community as they have yet to provide a viable explanation for these interstellar workings. They fear that if the truth were to come out people would loose faith in the religion of science - which would result in a loss of funding for the elegant lifestyles of laboratory technicians worldwide.

So - the keymat is going to a meet & greet in Australia? Cool! We need a picture or video involving the Pyra and alcohol - just so it doesn't get jealous of the Pandora's pre-production days.

erico's picture is obviously fake. Why is there a screen? What happened to the boxes? How come the water isn't falling off? Occam's razor. I also notice a distinct lack of a teapot...couldn't you at least try?

The depiction is incorrect. "Equatorial" land masses are on the inside of the toroid which encompasses the sun in the middle. The whole thing bobs up and down resulting in seasons. Day/night cycles are generated as the toroid twists in a moebius fashion - which causes stress resulting in earthquakes and volcanoes. The moon orbits the toroid passing in and out of the great circle. The rest of the planets are actually surface features of a much larger mobius toroid.

This is of course all being hidden through a giant conspiracy within the scientific community as they have yet to provide a viable explanation for these interstellar workings. They fear that if the truth were to come out people would loose faith in the religion of science - which would result in a loss of funding for the elegant lifestyles of laboratory technicians worldwide.

So - the keymat is going to a meet & greet in Australia? Cool! We need a picture or video involving the Pyra and alcohol - just so it doesn't get jealous of the Pandora's pre-production days.
Ok, that makes more sense. It also negates my questions regarding the northern and southernmost regions. Also the moon thing makes more sense. Hell, it even handles the request for pictures professionally with the conspiracy, while leaving intact the conspiracy theories of a moon landing.

I think I am going to need a drink too to accept all of this, but, as long as pictures are taken, I guess the Pyra case and mats made it to Australia, so it somehow didn't fall off. What I don't understand are all the pictures and videos in Australia where people are outside and not falling off, but I am sure Grench could explain it. I will just try to have some faith, I guess.

erico's picture is obviously fake. Why is there a screen? What happened to the boxes? How come the water isn't falling off? Occam's razor. I also notice a distinct lack of a teapot...couldn't you at least try?

Ok, that makes more sense. It also negates my questions regarding the northern and southernmost regions. Also the moon thing makes more sense. Hell, it even handles the request for pictures professionally with the conspiracy, while leaving intact the conspiracy theories of a moon landing.

I think I am going to need a drink too to accept all of this, but, as long as pictures are taken, I guess the Pyra case and mats made it to Australia, so it somehow didn't fall off. What I don't understand are all the pictures and videos in Australia where people are outside and not falling off, but I am sure Grench could explain it. I will just try to have some faith, I guess.

They don't fall off the toroid - they fall in.

Back