1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Test the keymat!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EvilDragon, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

It is tape around them, apparently they were wobbling in the case slightly (the case is a hotchpotch of earlier versions), and @ED mentioned were added just to attempt too make them depress slightly more smoothly for testing.

rygD likes this.
  2. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

There is one on the Pandora as well. I had requested it back during the initial pre-production days of the Pandora. I use them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2017 ---
    The only port I didn't test was the microHDMI. I simply don't have anything for that - yet. They all fit/seat fine. Should be no issues of interference from the case plastics.

The drive is from the old USB 1.1 spec. In theory that unit pulls 'up to' 500mA from each of the two USB ports.

I should have dug out my USB floppy drive to complete that set - doh!

rygD likes this.
  3. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Yes, I was told there was a mismatch between the test version of the keymat and the test case supplied, so ED added some electrical tape to stop the buttons wobbling and give a more representative test. Eventually the gluey stuff on that tape always goes gooyey and starts to slip - I'm slightly surprised it's happening so quickly. It didn't seem to be happening at all while the unit was in the north west of the UK, and I got to play with it, and I was only able to get the Y button to stick down temporarily.

But in any case, thanks very much for the comprehensive pictures. I didn't even think to try half of that stuff when I had my time with it (not that I had that many USB and SD parts on me at the time).

4. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

I probably would have snagged a couple of those stickers for myself. I assume that is why they are in there?

@Grench, I think I will wait until you get your prototype and check the stylus slot again before I look for parts to modify or build another RHS. Additional length would be great (i just want it confirmed), but if there is any wiggle room I would want to make it thicker too.

5. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

Just a nice touch from the previous sender. I might have done something similar if I had some suitable stickers.

6. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Probably true. I find the stickers interesting, but where I'm not into stickers I'll send them on. I added one of my wrist straps to the kit.

Where the stylus holder clip wasn't in the keymat test kit, it's hard to say how much room is there. Changing the length in 5mm increments is doable. However, 5mm OD standoffs are relatively easy to find. I'm not sure where I/you/we would be able to find 5.5mm or 6mm OD standoffs. Something could be custom milled, but the price for the parts would skyrocket.

rygD likes this.
  7. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Still no address to ship the package off to.

@EvilDragon - at your leisure Sir.

8. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Just send it to me! ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  9. second exodous

second exodous Well-Known Member

Hmm, you could just PM Mecksg1 and ask for his address, he's the next in line. I'm just going to PM him my address as soon as he gets it.

The thing is if I don't get it before the 21st then I can't try it out, I'm leaving and won't be back for around 18 months as I'm going on a bike tour. I'm starting to get a little worried.

10. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

You're both in the US, yeah? Shipping shouldn't change that much to re-arrange things. Grench could send it to you first and you send it on to Mecksg1.

11. second exodous

I don't want to jump in line though, I think Grench should PM Mecksg1 and get his address. I would rather have ED do other things than worry about sending addresses though, I think since we have the list we can work it out.

EDIT: I got Grench and Mecksg1 in a private conversation so we'll figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    levi likes this.
  12. mecksg1

mecksg1 Very Active Member

im good with that. since he is going on that trip, i have some class stuff to finish up so if i get it after him im good

13. second exodous

@Grench Ok, I put my address in that private conversation, thanks.

14. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

levi likes this.
  15. ible

ible Advanced Guard Tower

Twice in North Dakota, once in the Netherlands
    hehe, almost wanted to snag a place in line a few days ago to "move things along". nice work, team :).

maybe ED's taking a Grecian vacation?

rygD likes this.
  16. second exodous

You live in California, you would probably be one of the last as I think it is moving east to west so you should ask ED soon, I don't know if it leaves the US or not.

EDIT: Ok, so Mecksg1 I assume lives in the US but Neelix lives in Melbourne, Australia so it does in fact leave the US. Might want to ask Mecksg1 and xrandr where they live. I think Mecksg1 lives east of me but I bet xrandr lives west of me so I'd message xandr and ask where he lives, maybe he lives near you and you can meet up or maybe he can send it to you before it leaves the US.

This is the remainder of the list unless ED has added people:

second.exodous - US
    Mecksg1 - ? - most likely US as he's was between me and Grench
    xrandr - ?
    Neelix - Australia
    Kolbász - Europe

Not sure why people are so secretive of where they live but you better message xrandr and ask where he is from so if he isn't in the US you can be injected before it leaves the US.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    ClockworkCoder likes this.
  17. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

I should ask to be put on the list just to disrupt everything and move it back east. :p

It kinda sucks that it might make it back to ED before the next step toward mass production.

18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay - horrible amount of work right now
    I'll try to send you all the details today.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

19. second exodous

@EvilDragon This is why I thought we could just figure it out rather than bugging you. The less we bother you the faster the Pyra gets done?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  20. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

The package is currently en-route to @second exodous.