Temper giving me a temper.

• Thread starter CocoCreekFisherman
  • Start date

C

CocoCreekFisherman

In appdata>temper folder I have :

bios>super cd rom3.0,turbografx cd super system card 3.0,cd-rom system 1.0,2.0,2.01,2.10,3.01  all .pce file format

bram > bram.sav

config> temper.cf2

images

roms

save_states

syscard>syscard 1,2,3  all .pce file format.

Tried to play a Turbografx game Gate of Thunder in .iso,.zip and .bin format but the game will not even show up in the temper menu. However if I manually change the game file to .pce format it shows but will not boot.

When I open any of the bios or syscard files the TurboGrafx start up screen appears. When I press the run button the screen goes black.

Any help would be welcomed and I will donate 20.00 USD to your paypal account if you can successfully help me . Yes I am that desperate. Spent 3 days with this and I am lost. 

Maybe I need a something to convert the file to PCE format? Cannot seem to find this.

Thanks in advance.

Read the texts you were handed yesterday. The syscards needs to be named syscard1.bin and so on. Not .pce or something like that.

If his game is just a .iso or a .bin it isn't going to work anyway (and definitely not .zip). There needs to be a .cue file describing the track data. The game/audio data can be .bin or .iso and the individual audio tracks (if not part of the .bin/.iso) can be .wav or .ogg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am asking for personal help is that ok?

Can I  change these .pce files to bin manually??

I did not see these files in bin format online.

Last edited:
Yes you can change it. It's not a format, it's just a file name. Change the file name.

If his game is just a .iso or a .bin it isn't going to work anyway (and definitely not .zip). There needs to be a .cue file describing the track data. The game/audio data can be .bin or .iso and the individual audio tracks (if not part of the .bin/.iso) can be .wav or .ogg.
does the cue file go in the same folder as the game??

i have the cue file too.

Last edited:
...and, to be very clear: The cue file must refer to the iso or bin file with the correct name. Specifically, if the bin is called, say, "ai_cho.bin" and the cue file refers to an "AI_CHO.BIN" file, it will not work. Edit something to make them the same - Either edit the cue file or rename the bin file.

This is a particular problem since (at least certain varieties of) windows file systems do not differentiate on case, so on a windows machine ai_cho.bin and AI_CHO.BIN are the same names. On a linux based mahine, it isn't.

I do check scan the directory and allow any case permutations since this was such a big deal. Doesn't hurt to make sure though, there could still be holes in what I'm doing..

Ah. Might have been on another emulator, then :) Still, a good thing to look out for in general.

Well I will try to match up all the files then report back.

Back