Temper. Godzilla. I'm Just Stuck.

trilobite

Still Fresh
I have one game that I am looking to play. Just one. Godzilla. I used TurboRip to pull off the contents of the CD, and then put those contents in a folder onto the SDCard. Which are as follows --->

Godzilla (U)-19.wav
Godzilla (U)-14.wav
Godzilla (U)-13.wav
Godzilla (U)-15.wav
Godzilla (U)-16.wav
Godzilla (U)-17.wav
Godzilla (U)-18.wav
Godzilla (U)-23.wav
Godzilla (U)-10.wav
Godzilla (U)-09.wav
Godzilla (U)-08.wav
Godzilla (U)-04.wav
Godzilla (U)-02.iso
Godzilla (U)-22.wav
Godzilla (U)-11.wav
Godzilla (U)-20.wav
Godzilla (U)-07.wav
Godzilla (U)-21.wav
Godzilla (U).toc
Godzilla (U).cue
Godzilla (U)-01.wav
Godzilla (U)-24.iso
Godzilla (U)-12.wav
Godzilla (U)-06.wav
Godzilla (U)-03.wav
Godzilla (U)-05.wav

I managed to get my hands on a number of syscards, some US some Japanese. I took the one named "[CD] TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (U) (v3.0).pce", renamed it and put it into the proper folder. By all accounts, unless the name is lying, it's a US syscard version 3.

Now, here's where I'm stopped.

The syscard obviously works, as I get the proper "Super CD-Rom (squared) System Ver3.00 - Push Run Button!" screen. Hit run. Then I get an error message, which uses sprites and music from the game, that I need System Card 3.00. Now, since Temper can access the sprites and the music, I'm guessing that the game itself works.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get out of this little "chicken-and-the-egg" problem.
Also, an item that may prove important to problem solving - I'm on a Mac.

Just... ugh.

We're well aware of the problem at this point, there's really nothing gained in posting multiple threads regarding it.

Exophase said:
We're well aware of the problem at this point, there's really nothing gained in posting multiple threads regarding it.

Gotcha. Obviously, this is rather frustrating for me, but I'll be more patient until some of the more advanced users figure this out.
My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the game ready to test, but there's not much point moving forward until I can do so on Wiz. Hopefully by Monday I'll improve the situation with that. If there's something broken in Temper then I can't even hope to start fixing it until at least then. I doubt that there's a serious internal problem because my tester has made it further than you on a PC build.

Exophase said:
I have the game ready to test, but there's not much point moving forward until I can do so on Wiz. Hopefully by Monday I'll improve the situation with that. If there's something broken in Temper then I can't even hope to start fixing it until at least then. I doubt that there's a serious internal problem because my tester has made it further than you on a PC build.

Any luck or insights?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back