Help Needed With Hugo / Temper

tintin_uk

Still Fresh
Hi,

Relatively new to the Caanoo and emulation in general. 

I've downloaded the starter kit and have some emulators running successfully with the ROMs I had. I downloaded a complete set of PC-Engine and TurboGrafx-16 ROMs but am having problems getting them to run with either HUGO or Temper. For a start it appears that the roms need to be zipped (?) but the batch I picked up have a pce suffix. Testing one pce file by compressing it didn't work so is there a way of properly converting?

Any help much appreciated.

TT.

Thanks for the reply. If I drop the .pce files into the rom dirs' neither Hugo or Temper seem to spot them.

Have to say, i'm struggling with a lot of emulators on the Caanoo. Seems a lot of the ROM sets out there are not in a format that the Caanno recognises. Just changing the suffix doesn't seem to work either.

Yup, I recently joined the NG forums after getting a Neo-Geo X. For all its faults, at least i'm not having to faff around to get it working!!

Console emulators are pretty easy to setup. For PC Engine, don't bother with HuGo, Temper is faster and supports CD-ROM games. Temper was not ported to the Caanoo, it's actually the Wiz version which runs through Ginge. The emu pack contains Temper with a script, to start it directly. You don't even recognize it. Put the .pce ROMs in the correct directory, according to the fact sheets. Start the emu and navigate to the roms directory, it displays all files with the extension .pce.

If you're on Windows, make sure you really see the file extension in Windows Explorer. Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". By default, known file extensions are not displayed, which can be very confusing.

Arcade emulators like MAME, FBA and GnGeo are not so easy to setup. They require a specific ROM set. Let me know, if you need help.

OK. So just to confirm, I just launch Temper in the Games menu? No need to launch Ginger first?

Back