Teaser. (More Info to Come)

@ Ekinajo:

If lots of guys like the box then sell Pandora-box filled with Japanese sweets.

Why selling crappy Pandora?

Just sell the box with sweets.

You'll be a rich men within no time.

Did somebody say a seaweed box?  Filled with sesame treats? Filled with tiny crackers shaped like pandoras and bears?

Edit 1:  and kitty's

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks well nice, so this a box for shipping them in Japan? Ekianjo are you selling them over there as the reseller then?

Box looks lovely I'd definitely like one delivered in this... if this was the box being used for Japan sales though I'd have expected it to have some Japanese lettering, why is it all in English?
There's some japanese text on the box, but it's worth remembering that the japanese love the look and sound of the english language and love to use our alphabet where-ever possible. for example i bought the japanese PS1 disk "Carnage Heart EZ" to play on a modded ps1 (sadly it hangs when emulated on pandora - maybe this can be fixed) and while the bulk of the menu's are in japanese pretty much all the other text in the game is English - and this is a game that was solely released for the japanese market.

Strange isn't it, the love affair for foreign text/script.

...like how many people over here in england get tattoos done in Chinese or other styles, even if never been there or even can read it.

Didn't know they liked to use English where they can though.

Even I like a bit of Japanese style characters, like on my Megadrive Strider game box, the text on that really adds to the art of it I find

So we may actually see pandora's being played on japanese subways. Well you gotta play some way and subway is as good as any.

I did understand Binky's suggestion to send the boxes to ED as a reply to your remark about shipping costs. (etc...)
It's not just about shipping costs. Making boxes cost money. I can't just make 5 boxes, you order them in hundreds. And the idea is that this box is for the JP market as priority.
Well, that's what I meant, too: You sell the boxes for whatever price suits you to ED, he sells them to his customers for a price which suits him. No need for both of you to go without profit. Only that sending say 100 boxes to ED in one package and him sending it to 100 customers would probably only cost a fraction of sending them from Japan to 100 individually customers directly. Alas I doubt that japanese sweets (read: food at all) are easy to export ;) .

So we may actually see pandora's being played on japanese subways. Well you gotta play some way and subway is as good as any.
That's where I spend most my time playing :D Certainly got a few looks when playing street fighter 3.

Regarding the difficulty of an English keyboard for Japanese people, keep in mind that most (unless your really old) Japanese input text on a keyboard that, character wise, the same layout as the US keyboard.

And a bit on the history of the box ... the back was, at one point, entirely in English ^_^

Just throwing out ideas here, what if the box is a mix of stuff from Japan : for example:

- the latest issue of Shonen Jump (in japanese) + sweets

- or one manga volume of your choice (original japanese version) + sweets

- etc... ?

Let me know what you think, it's an interesting idea overall :)

Back