Projects Under Development. Looking For More Info.

guizm

Hi everybody,

I want to create a new topic to look forward more info about the current status of the pandora software.

I don't want to make the job of the Projects Under Development wiki page owner, but i think that this way we can get more detailed info.

Feel free to ask info about the projects, let hope that the developers will come and answer :rolleyes:

I'll start this :) :

Cpasjuste:

You told me time ago that your freeciv port was currently working well, can you tell me please if it will work with touchscreen? Also please, how's it going your project of quake 3?

Pickle:

You said that you were looking after porting FHeroes Port, any news in that?

Adventus:

I know that it will take time to finish, but how's your GemRB port going?

ZodTTD:

If you are reading this, i haven't seen anything about your gba emu, please please please tell me that it will be ok when pandora launchs :) .

I've compiled the latest SVN of GemRB (with minor changes). It loads all the plugins fine but fails on the SDL_SetVideoMode() call. I've had this problem with every SDL app i've compiled, i think its due to my Frankenstein OS setup to get the SGX working on a rev4 board. At the moment I'm waiting for proper rev4 OS to be released which will hopefully fix some of my boards problems (its also doesn't like some IO).

BTW I don't think directly asking developers for information is always a good idea, They're under enough pressure as it is.

guizm said:
Cpasjuste:

You told me time ago that your freeciv port was currently working well, can you tell me please if it will work with touchscreen?

FreeCiv is a standard Linux app, why do you think it would need any special modifications to work with the touchscreen? The touchscreen is basically a mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enverex said:
guizm said:
Cpasjuste:

You told me time ago that your freeciv port was currently working well, can you tell me please if it will work with touchscreen?

FreeCiv is a standard Linux app, why do you think it would need any special modifications to work with the touchscreen? The touchscreen is basically a mouse.

Nice to read that, i didn't knew touchscreen would be like the mouse.

Enverex said:
guizm said:
Cpasjuste:

same with fheroes

I can't see the point of any of this now. Until the pandora is out, a project could be either weeks of work or minutes and nobody (including the person working on it) will know for sure.

Just wait until people actually have had a chance to attempt a real Pandora build before pestering them for updates.

There also could be a "page of promising but dead projects" because it often happens, that a announced (pandora) project dies on it's way, OR we don't have any up to date Infos about.
For example, what happend with "Galactic Artifact" or Mr. Gonzo's jump'n shoot or this 3D Shooter thingy... silence everywhere... at least as far as I know.

fusion_power said:
There also could be a "page of promising but dead projects" because it often happens, that a announced (pandora) project dies on it's way, OR we don't have any up to date Infos about.
For example, what happend with "Galactic Artifact" or Mr. Gonzo's jump'n shoot or this 3D Shooter thingy... silence everywhere... at least as far as I know.
It would be pretty hard to produce a list of dead projects right now, as the device is in hardly anyone's hands. Once more of the devs have hardware, I'm sure we'll be hearing more about a lot of these projects. There's only so much one can do in a year without a proper testing environment.

Back