Update Tanks of Freedom 0.6.2

There's a little problem with fullscreen not working with the last Godot 2.0 build on repo.
I already requested x1212 to update the PND, but i will try to compile it myself.

Oh, ok, is there some kind of error, or is it just not going fullscreen without any window still active in the background?

It goes fullscreen, but you can see the cursor if you move the nubs or touch the screen.

It makes difficult to press some buttons, like "deploy" and produces some garbage on the screen.

@canseco maybe fullscreen toggle is interfering with it on your platform. I don't know how you configure engine.cfg for your build, but key tof/resolution_override should be false for platforms with fixed resolution and fullscreen always on.

As for gamepad, I don't know how button mappings on Pandora looks like, but if it helps, official Readme has explanation for XBOX 360 controller https://github.com/w84death/Tanks-of-Freedom/blob/master/README.md

Ah, ok I think I know what the problem is.
As far as I know there is some problems with GLES 2 and X11, which might either because I did something wrong in my port of Godot when initializing the window/screen or because of the egl/GLES2/X11 implementation on the Pandora or both.
Those lead to some weird artifacts sometimes if the X11 mousecursor moves and is drawn on top of screenspace that should belong to egl/GLES.
... if you need a temporary workaround until I have found a better solution, I think enabling a custom mouse cursor in the project settings should help.

@canseco maybe fullscreen toggle is interfering with it on your platform. I don't know how you configure engine.cfg for your build, but key tof/resolution_override should be false for platforms with fixed resolution and fullscreen always on.

I did use the configuration for Android, but changing resolution (800x480), stretch_mode="viewport" and thread_model=1.

On OpenPandora, Dpad are cursors keys and the buttons, A=Home, B=End, Y=PageUp, X=PageDown, L1=Shift, R1=Ctrl
I was able to configure B to accept, and X for cancel

... if you need a temporary workaround until I have found a better solution, I think enabling a custom mouse cursor in the project settings should help.

Enabling a custom mouse cursor, solved the weird artifacts problem, and the pointer is visible all the time, but still difficult to press some buttons.
[doublepost=1458998560,1458998464][/doublepost]Changelog

- Latest beta release.
- Default controls to manage UI.
- Custom cursor enabled.

I did use the configuration for Android, but changing resolution (800x480), stretch_mode="viewport" and thread_model=1.

On OpenPandora, Dpad are cursors keys and the buttons, A=Home, B=End, Y=PageUp, X=PageDown, L1=Shift, R1=Ctrl
I was able to configure B to accept, and X for cancel

Engine settings look fine. Mapping gamepad to keyboard is not a good idea with Godot 2.0 - this version introduced new controller mappings, that are meant to be consistent between different OSes and pads. It means, that any Godot 2.0 game, that uses gamepad, will have broken controls by default for you.

Hi all :)

@ everyone involved: thanks for this new version !

Godot 2.0 seems to be faster, is it just an impression ?

EDIT:

@canseco : the new control scheme doesn't work, at least for me. Dpad doesn't work, (X) brings back the main menu, (B) does nothing...

I also have issues with the touchscreen: sometimes I just can't deploy any new unit, because clicking on "deploy" actually selects the tile which is under the GUI...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
ah ok, now I think I get whats the problem and why I wasn't able to reproduce it ...
I always hide the taskbar, because it often caused issues with godot, like mouse pointer offsets, etc. ...
I'll see if I can fix that as that is probably cause by some mistakes I made with the initialization of the X11 Window back when I started porting godot.

Engine settings look fine. Mapping gamepad to keyboard is not a good idea with Godot 2.0 - this version introduced new controller mappings, that are meant to be consistent between different OSes and pads. It means, that any Godot 2.0 game, that uses gamepad, will have broken controls by default for you.

I didn't map gamepad to keyboard, that's what those buttons do by default.

@canseco : the new control scheme doesn't work, at least for me. Dpad doesn't work, (X) brings back the main menu, (B) does nothing...

The control scheme seems to only work with the menu itself, not inside the game.

I also have issues with the touchscreen: sometimes I just can't deploy any new unit, because clicking on "deploy" actually selects the tile which is under the GUI...

If you use the nubs it happens too. As x1212 said, there's something wrong with egl/GLES2/X11 implementation.

It would be great to update Godot to v2.0.1, maybe there are missing fixes since v2.0.rc1.

This is actually a bug in ToF, already fixed in master.

I didn't map gamepad to keyboard, that's what those buttons do by default.

No gamepad without custom controls for Pandora then :(

Changelog

- Latest git release. Fixes "Deploy" button not working.

Hey guys! We have just released ToF 0.5.0 with some improvements and new online map sharing function. I would love to see if this awesome community has some great maps to share ;)

I also have plans to add a bit of custom controlls so we could bring that full controller experience to Pandora. I expect it to be available in the next version (0.5.1). When I start working on it (which should happen soon) I might need some help with testing, as I don't own a Pandora myself.

Hey guys! I'm still hoping to see some of these maps :D Here is one I made: 94EMKDXT you can download it at tell me if you like it. Is there a more appropriate section on these forums to share in-game content? I have seen Creativity Section, but it seems more software dev focused.

Also, could anyone tell me if it is possible now on Pandora to use left analog stick and B to move units around the map? And use d-pad and B to navigate menus?

@czlowiekimadlo : sorry for not having contributed any map (yet). Your 94EMKDXT map is really nice, but it's tough though...

Thanks again for that great game, and thanks @canseco for porting it to the Pandora :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

I tried your new map and it's quite challenging, well done, ;)

Also, could anyone tell me if it is possible now on Pandora to use left analog stick and B to move units around the map? And use d-pad and B to navigate menus?

It's possible to use left analog stick and the right analog stick to move units.
Dpad and B for menu works as it should.

If i connect an external gamepad (e.g. Playstation 2 with USB adapter and USB HUB), it works fine.

I will upload engine.cfg later so you can see the changes i needed to do for our special "gamepad" controls.

@czlowiekimadlo : sorry for not having contributed any map (yet). Your 94EMKDXT map is really nice, but it's tough though...

Thanks again for that great game, and thanks @canseco for porting it to the Pandora :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Yes, thanks all around. I really enjoy this one and it keeps getting better.

It's possible to use left analog stick and the right analog stick to move units.
Dpad and B for menu works as it should.

If i connect an external gamepad (e.g. Playstation 2 with USB adapter and USB HUB), it works fine.

I will upload engine.cfg later so you can see the changes i needed to do for our special "gamepad" controls.

Ah, if these controls already do work, thats great! It means, that I only have to prepare Pandora-specific mapping for X,Y,L1,R1 and you should be good to go. Your previous list of mappings is enough, thank you!

I tried your new map and it's quite challenging, well done, ;)

Well, that probably means, that I'm a bit too good at strategy games to make maps others can win without trouble, as I have found this one pretty easy :D

Hey there!
I have pushed Pandora specific controls to the repository. Current master is not ready to be released, as we are in the middle of other stuff, but you could make a testing build.
A=Buy unit from selected building
B=Select units and buildings, move units, attack, capture
Y=End turn
X=Open main menu
L1=Select previous unit
R1=Select next unit
Left analog to move in-game selector
Directional pad to navigate menus

in workshop:
A=Place a tile
B=Select highlighted button
Y=Erase a tile
X=Open main menu
Left analog to move selector
Directional pad to navigate menus

EDIT:
There is a new parameter in engine.cfg, please use it to enable new controls for Pandora!

Back