Where Do I Go From Now?

ryuho288

Still Fresh
Can anyone tell me what I should do now that I have received the system?

Is there any pointer on this site or elsewhere that will show me what to do ( like upgrating firmware, formating SD, etc) before I can get the unit to work properly?

I tried to load the jpg picture from my 1GB sandisk, it recongized all the folders and files name, but when I selected the picture file, it just went back to the previous screen within couple seconds.

Keep in mind I am not a programming expert like most of your guys, so please try not to speak greek to me.

Thanks
Rudolph

Check the news on the front page (you might have to go back a couple of days or check the file archive). Guyfawkes has written a huge document on what you can do and how to use the GP2X.

Pics don't work over a certain pixel size (which is quite small) so if they're pics directly from a digicam, I doubt they'll work.

I found that problem, if the picture is too tall, but normal width, I turned it 90 degrees in http://www.irfanview.com/ and it worked perfectly.

I want to point out that the IE thing that resizes pictures is pure crap compared to this free tool, also it is 3 million times better than the crapware that came with my Grandma's $200 rip-off 3.1MP marketed as a 6MP digital camera.

nubie posted on Dec 4 2005 at 03:35 AM said:
I found that problem, if the picture is too tall, but normal width, I turned it 90 degrees in http://www.irfanview.com/ and it worked perfectly.

I want to point out that the IE thing that resizes pictures is pure crap compared to this free tool, also it is 3 million times better than the crapware that came with my Grandma's $200 rip-off 3.1MP marketed as a 6MP digital camera.

I think that the current image viewer has some resolution limitations. I'm just wondering if it is one dimension or not.

Well IE doesn't do any post-processing... it just scales.

Another reason not to use it. Images look like crap :- P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back