What Should I Do With My Gp2x?

Interesting. Ok DS out of the picture. I'll keep using it for advance wars :D

How is PSP emulation? Unfortunitly I always see news about emu's for PSP (on news sites) but not much about GP2X. (Probobly just because of the mainstream availability of PSP) I thiunk it's dead as a game system though..

So what is the normal process of installing a DPAD on my mk1?

diagonals on the PSP DPAD are near non existent

its amazing that sony and gp fucked up controllers so badly

Fat Agnus posted on Feb 2 2007 at 02:24 AM said:
The DS isn't so great with emulation compared to the GP2X. Here's a split screen video of the GP2X vs. DS vs. GBA emulating SNES, NES, and even Atari 2600. The resolution and speed just isn't there.

SNES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC3bZxwBGgo

NES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FudRkevL1wk

Atari 2600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPU8U8xy5Go

NES: NTSC/PAL at 256 x 240
GBA: 2.9" LCD at 240 x 160
DS: 3" LCD (each) at 256 x 192
GP2X: 3.5" LCD at 320 x 240
The SNES video is very out of date, I have no layering issues with Mario World on the DS. The NES video doesn't show that the GP2X is better than the DS, only that the GBA is bad for emulation ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thraka posted on Feb 3 2007 at 01:26 PM said:

How is PSP emulation? Unfortunitly I always see news about emu's for PSP (on news sites) but not much about GP2X. (Probobly just because of the mainstream availability of PSP) I thiunk it's dead as a game system though..

Repeating for someone to answer :)

Thraka posted on Feb 4 2007 at 08:34 PM said:
Thraka posted on Feb 3 2007 at 01:26 PM said:

Repeating for someone to answer :)

The PSP has screen smearing. Unless you are a fan of stretching and filtering, I wouldn't bother unless your main enu use is PSX.

Installing a d-pad is not easy, you would have to have it modded by someone unless you have a good mechanical/electrical skill.

Ok cool, I'll stick with it :)

Is there a resource page anywhere? Like that lists retailers, what they sell, their location etc... I would like to find a DPAD place I can ship mine to and have it done for me and sent back, at a reasonable cost :)

Thraka posted on Feb 6 2007 at 11:49 AM said:
Ok cool, I'll stick with it :)

Is there a resource page anywhere? Like that lists retailers, what they sell, their location etc... I would like to find a DPAD place I can ship mine to and have it done for me and sent back, at a reasonable cost :)

does gbax (or any other gp2x retail) install DPADs? If so I'll just purchase the mk2 with overclocking and a dpad install and sell my existing mk1. I just want to do the easiest process...

Back