So Now What?

zXao

Still Fresh
Greetings from So-Cal! I just got my GP2X two days ago, but i've been living in these forums for weeks! I still seem to have a few questions though and i haven't been able to find any straight answers. Perhaps some of you seasoned GP2X users could help me out.

1. What emulators [really do] work?
I've been reading so much about the snes emu and how great it is playing snes games on the fly ect... but I d/l it and threw on some roms and not one ran at a pleasurable frame rate. (street fighter 2x, mario world ect).
I somewhat know a lot about the emu scene, I remember when snes9x was news. Perhaps all you hard working god-like programmers/developers are still working out bugs. But what can i play NOW?

I had some other "really important" questions, but dang it I cant think of them now! oh well.

I guess I just want to know what YOU guys enjoy the most about your GP2X. And hopefully give a current status report on whats working well.

Thanks a million, you guys rock!

1. Most work fine, but all of them seem to profit from overclocking, especially snes. Genesis, PC Engine, and nes all run well enough @ 200mhz. NeoGeo and Snes need overclocking to be considered playable, IMO. Those are the only ones I have personal experience with.

Emulators are fine and good, but don't discount the homebrew games. There are some really fun ones.

Oh yeah, there are quite a few good ports, too.

1. All of them <_<

Really, can't you just download them and find out for yourself? You are already displeased with the SNES emu, so you at least have the ability ...

SNES, PSX, and NeoGeo are the only emulators I use that don't always run fullspeed. With overclocking (past 250mhz), though, SNES and NeoGeo are full speed on most games.

80% of SNES games I've tried have run fullspeed (30+ FPS) with sound (with a bit of overclocking). Have you really been reading the help threads about how to achieve better results with SquidgeSNES?

Back