Surely The Case Moulds Should Be Done By Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, especially considering I've gone slightly mental in the last 6 months.

Then, just as I thought things could not get more strange the fuse box in my house exploded on Sunday setting fire to the house - at 5am, god bless insomnia because it meant I was awake when it happened.

The interesting news is that this and other events have been recorded recently as I've been doing a series of video interviews, or rather one long interview filmed over a few weeks. Should make interesting viewing for those of you interested.

craigix said:

Then, just as I thought things could not get more strange the fuse box in my house exploded on Sunday setting fire to the house - at 5am, god bless insomnia because it meant I was awake when it happened.

The interesting news is that this and other events have been recorded recently as I've been doing a series of video interviews, or rather one long interview filmed over a few weeks. Should make interesting viewing for those of you interested.
Did you at least have some british rain to aid the dousing endeavor?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Aw, geez - how much damage was there?

Maybe it's like how some people have theorized that the Large Hadron Collider will keep being delayed by implausible events because the universe has an aversion to having the Higgs boson being observed. :p

Hope everything gets less exciting (in a good way). 

Gruso said:
You may be right, but it's still a semantic debate based on a couple of hasty and ambiguous comments in an exchange that hasn't had a bridge built over it yet.

So there.

LOL! It's good to see a bit of humour rather than just the usual polar oppisotes (and think about it - the weather at both poles is pretty similar).

The bit I loved the most was where someone linked me to a Wikipedia page that described the "mold design" process specifically (as opposed to the "product design" process) in order to educate me about why the term "design" wasn't applicable. Or something.

Semantics can be a stupid stumbling block, but also an irritating one. A surprising number of people refer to apes as "monkeys". This probably has little relevance to the people doing the calling, but to an ape the difference is huge. Actually, given the most common ape/monkey size differentials, it's probably a pretty important difference to any monkey, too!

Yes, I have an uncle who designed molds as part of his daytime job, back when I was a nipper, and who waxed lyrically about how the job was undervalued by customers. The work that goes into it is not inconsiderable, and IMHO can be no more "just making things fit the chape" than the orignal case design, which also was "just making things fit" to the shape of the board, the LCD, peoples hands and so on. In some cases, designing the mold is trickier than designing the product it is intended to produce.

I've now been diagnosed with "background renticular retinopathy". Apparently there's no treatment until it reached the next stage. And I'm due for surgery on Guy Fawkes' night. I just hope I get my Pandora before I die, at this rate - my body seems to be falling apart as quickly as OpenPandora's plans to produce the most powerful gaming handheld in the world! :(

Monk said:
...A surprising number of people refer to apes as "monkeys". This probably has little relevance to the people doing the calling, but to an ape the difference is huge.

Yeah, like, one is a single-syllable word, the other is two syllables with a mash of consonants in the middle. :D

Anyway, hope your insurance money was worth the arson scam, Craigix!

craigix said:

How bad were the damage ?
Well I guess the most important is that you're ok :)

Wow, I really love that theory .. the Pandora box does not wish to be opened and is travelling from the future to prevent its own creation .. yeah .. that really jives. I think it'd make a fantastic video game, of some sort ..

craigix said:

Then, just as I thought things could not get more strange the fuse box in my house exploded on Sunday setting fire to the house

That's what you get by calling this thing "Pandora"....

Hope there is not much damage (both mentally and the fusebox).

marshal said:
craigix said:

How bad were the damage ?
Well I guess the most important is that you're ok :)

About 5 grand according to the insurance company, quite a mess.

Game_over said:
I'm not trying to attack anyone there is allot of weight as to what some of you are saying, however the tonality and consistency of what's being said over several threads from the same people are borderline trolling.
- Someone (Monk) was insulted (by a Craigix) for believing that the mold design was unfinished.
- Later he makes a post repeating what craigix had told him: that the mold design is finished.
- He is slammed again (By non-developers) for believing that the mold design was finished.
- He is also slammed for claiming (correctly) that Craigix claimed that the mold design was finished.
(The issue is severely muddled by people confusing case design and mold design.)

It's still not clear to me whether the mold design itself is done. I'm not even sure if the development team knows, since it's sort of internal to the Chinese factory. (And it doesn't really matter, since we have a estimated date for the construction of the molds.) It seems perfectly reasonable to try to get clarification on these sorts of things. After all, people have been asking these sorts of questions throughout the whole project and they've more-or-less been welcomed by the development team who are trying to be as "open" as possible.

... So I'd like to know who you're accusing of trolling.

... Failing that ... I'd like to make sure it's not me.

-Andy

craigix said:
That sucks, sounds like just large enough of a fire to be a major hassle.

Do you have smoke damage to all your stuff?

So, Craig... It wasn't the Pandora prototype that started the fire, was it?

At the final CE & FCC testing I bet the unit is going to burst into flames and spit fireballs and radioactive acid lightnings in every direction, distrupting all telecommunications and human cognition within a five mile radius.

I think, it was a great luck, that you and your familie, not getting damaged,your life is more important, than your stuff for the gbax shop, and the pandora, how can a fuse box getting explosed?, mybe the stress from the pandoraprojekt have save your life,
for your house, you have a insurance, but not for your life...

craigix said:
craigix said:

Sorry about the fire Craig. That's a frightening thing to deal with when the safest place each of us has(home) turns into one of the most dangerous places to be.

Insomnia is no fun either(for me too).

fiori_musicali said:

At the final CE & FCC testing I bet the unit is going to burst into flames and spit fireballs and radioactive acid lightnings in every direction, distrupting all telecommunications and human cognition within a five mile radius.
But the spikes are under the line with the LCD cable shielding, so it passes. :p

Aninhumer said:
fiori_musicali said:

But the spikes are under the line with the LCD cable shielding, so it passes. :p

The testing was pre-shielding. They're shielding the cables because there were spikes. It passes, but it's not worth the risk to just leave the spikes there.

craigix said:

lets see; electricity, fire, smoke, explosions ...
nah, no one would like to see that would they ?

if you added some broken glass on the floor into the mix you'd probably get some known actor to walk barefoot thru all that spewing one-liners :p

do you know if it was a power spike or lighting strike or ?
sucks for the mess, hope the insurance isn't being difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back