Surely The Case Moulds Should Be Done By Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, thats an important factor since they might bulk send some to UK and some to the US, unless they pretend to assemble all in a single place.

DroneB Dev said:
hmm, thats an important factor since they might bulk send some to UK and some to the US, unless they pretend to assemble all in a single place.
No quote (because I'm too lazy to look for it) but we've been told the board factory is going to be assembling them. It's part of the service they provide, or something.
But, will they be shipping cases direct to the factory in Texas, or do they have to bounce through the UK first? And what happens to the excess 6000 they need to make?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ mindlord, VRandy, Phawx,
I don’t disagree with you guys. I agree that the first people to receive their device is not a unimportant event. I am not trying to say that finish shipping the first batch of 4000 is more Important then to start shipping the batch of 4000 I was just commenting that one event (start shipping 105) is receiving so much more discussion then the other event (finish shipping all 4000).
@WizardStan
What thread were you referring to? Will We All Have Our Pandora's By Xmas?, New Blog Post - Raise Your Shields And Full Speed Ahead, Scotty., or C.e. Testing Done! Barely anywhere on these 3 threads is it mentioned that they are starting the biggest bottle neck of all making all 4000 boards

aaronson911 said:
What thread were you referring to? Will We All Have Our Pandora's By Xmas?, New Blog Post - Raise Your Shields And Full Speed Ahead, Scotty., or C.e. Testing Done! Barely anywhere on these 3 threads is it mentioned that they are starting the biggest bottle neck of all making all 4000 boards
For the first three pages, almost every post was a "that's great news" kind of post. We don't need to be reminded every other message that they've started the mass production of the boards. can you imagine how annoying that would be?
"WOO! Mass production started on the boards!"
"Hurray! Mass production!"
"4000 boards on their way!"
"Dude, did you realize this means they've started the 4000 boards?"
"I don't know if anyone has said this, but this means they can start mass production on those 4000 boards!"
Seriously, it'd drive me loopy. One person says "4000 boards going mass production" and 3 pages of "that's good news!" should be sufficient.

edit: by first three pages, I am specifically referring to the "C.e. testing done" thread.

One would imagine that they may want to check that the shielding of the ribbon cable does not bugger things up before MP of the cases starts.
I would, else they may end up with 4000 cases that don't quite fit... :blink:

Lunatic said:
it seems like a lot of people are neglecting the logistics of shipping the cases and finished Pandora handhelds when making their predictions.
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the first few, one of the people camping outside the doors so to speak, and I don't suspect to see my Pandora for quite a few more weeks. It's just knowing that all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

mindlord said:
Lunatic said:
it seems like a lot of people are neglecting the logistics of shipping the cases and finished Pandora handhelds when making their predictions.
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the first few, one of the people camping outside the doors so to speak, and I don't suspect to see my Pandora for quite a few more weeks. It's just knowing that all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just mainly the idea that as cases are manufactured, so will be the assembled Pandoras; or that people will necessarily receive theirs in the order that they made their payment.

Looking on the bright side- I guess the cases aren't really holding anything up right now. Assuming the case mold completion is imminent, the boards manufacturing will take quite a bit longer anyway i think. If the cases were done right now (and since they will supposedly be produced very quickly) we'd all be rocking the car pushing for the board manufacturing to go faster.

i see it so: if the case are in usa, than they can make pandoras just in time, and send it in 100er packs to evildragon and craig, this it a bit faster, than delifer 4000 pandoras in one big rusch.. :rolleyes:

Sphinxter said:
Mould making is an art, art will not be rushed, appreciate the craftsmanship. It's one of those things most complicated and difficult of all to design

craigix has (rather vehemently) informed us that the mould design

has been finished for months

Monk said:
Sphinxter said:
Mould making is an art, art will not be rushed, appreciate the craftsmanship. It's one of those things most complicated and difficult of all to design

craigix has (rather vehemently) informed us that the mould design

has been finished for months

The plastic piece that craigix and the OP team want to pop out of the mould has been finished for months, the actual mould has definitely not.

I hope the Factory can tell at least how far they are with the moulds but I think it is again a victim of the hard communication over the whole world...and the language problems and the overall delays... ^_^
I wish I had comparable values how long an euqla pice of Mould tool usualy takes to make... Of course nobody will ever find hit out at least not for Devices like the Pandora-shape, NDS for example or all these little Hinge-devices....

After not completing the molds before the Chinese holiday, when they came back they gave me a 'worst case' completion date of Oct. 20th with the possibility to be done on the 15th if all went well. Then just the day before yesterday, they told Fatih they needed three extra days due to some last stage tweaks involving the smooth operation of tooling parts and ejection pieces so now that puts completion at around Oct. 23rd. With any luck, they will ship some case samples on Monday the 25th and I will get them mid to late that week. They are really dragging it out but let's just hope the delays are because they are trying to get the parts to look good and not have a bunch of terrible seams and warping. I won't complain one bit about the extra 23 day delay if the parts come out perfect. <fingers crossed>

MWeston said:
After not completing the molds before the Chinese holiday, when they came back they gave me a 'worst case' completion date of Oct. 20th with the possibility to be done on the 15th if all went well. Then just the day before yesterday, they told Fatih they needed three extra days due to some last stage tweaks involving the smooth operation of tooling parts and ejection pieces so now that puts completion at around Oct. 23rd. With any luck, they will ship some case samples on Monday the 25th and I will get them mid to late that week. They are really dragging it out but let's just hope the delays are because they are trying to get the parts to look good and not have a bunch of terrible seams and warping. I won't complain one bit about the extra 23 day delay if the parts come out perfect. <fingers crossed>

thanks for the meat, ill be here around for 23 then.

Hmmmm... I have a feeling that it sounds like we won't have the final cases before the next "chinese holiday". According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_holidays , the "Chongyang Festival" starts on October 26th. I really hope this isn't the case. Hopefully, I am wrong...

I hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back