Stupid Cat

sam fisher posted on Dec 3 2006 at 02:26 PM said:
Azalin posted on Dec 1 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
Depends what your fridge was set at. If its one of those older one's, it obviously isn't going to freeze because if the fridge was set that cold your lettuce and tomatoes and such would freeze too, or at least become rather dessicated. If its one of those newer ones with seperate cooling compartments for everything, i guess it would depend on what compartment the cat jumped in :huh:
No, it would not neeed to freeze to die. Just lowering its core body temperature by a few degrees kelvin would hamper metabolic activity, and the activity of neuro transmitters, Also brain cells. Not enough kinetic energy, less particle oscillations, less successful collisions, dead.

Erm...do you know what particle oscillations are? I think you are using the wrong term...

But besides that...pretty much. Like with a fever, only a couple degrees can make you sick with a terrible fever.

Last edited by a moderator:
speedmike posted on Dec 2 2006 at 03:22 PM said:
the same thing happened to my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. <=== Is that proper grammer?
I hope he learned his lesson and does not climb in the fridge anymore.

Shikaku posted on Dec 3 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
speedmike posted on Dec 2 2006 at 10:22 AM said:
<=== Is that proper grammar?

Yes. You can add as many possessions (cousin's boyfriend's sister's cat's hairball's contents) as you want...
I was thinking of that as well, but I didn't want to be an ass about it SHIKAKU <_< :p

Loubear posted on Dec 3 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
Depends what your fridge was set at. If its one of those older one's, it obviously isn't going to freeze because if the fridge was set that cold your lettuce and tomatoes and such would freeze too, or at least become rather dessicated. If its one of those newer ones with seperate cooling compartments for everything, i guess it would depend on what compartment the cat jumped in :huh:
No, it would not neeed to freeze to die. Just lowering its core body temperature by a few degrees kelvin would hamper metabolic activity, and the activity of neuro transmitters, Also brain cells. Not enough kinetic energy, less particle oscillations, less successful collisions, dead.

Erm...do you know what particle oscillations are? I think you are using the wrong term...

But besides that...pretty much. Like with a fever, only a couple degrees can make you sick with a terrible fever.
You stupid idiot, for a successful reaction to occur two particles must collide with enough energy for a successful reaction. Even a few degrees Kelvin, or Celsius, can slow down reactions by magnitudes of 10! Learn some basic science, well I suppose its not that basic, its around GCSE level, which is kinda the age you are, so learn it. Particles oscillating makes them physically move more, that is why I mentioned it, Less kinetic energy? You know what that means, right?

sam fisher posted on Dec 4 2006 at 02:09 PM said:

You stupid idiot, for a successful reaction to occur two particles must collide with enough energy for a successful reaction. Even a few degrees Kelvin, or Celsius, can slow down reactions by magnitudes of 10! Learn some basic science, well I suppose its not that basic, its around GCSE level, which is kinda the age you are, so learn it. Particles oscillating makes them physically move more, that is why I mentioned it, Less kinetic energy? You know what that means, right?
Oh my great good God! Gentlemen, your attention please. I am detecting a gigiantic amphibious life-form, it's 80 meters long and it's heading this way. Oh good glayven it's on my shoe. It's a small frog, just get off, just get off there, just get out of it, get out of it. Stupid machine, oh wait a minute, this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog-Exaggerator Mm-hai.

sam fisher posted on Dec 4 2006 at 07:09 PM said:

Please, shut the fuck up.

HEYYY!!! I thought we was discussing How stupid my kitty is not how much of a smart arse sam fisher is.

clarky2o2o posted on Dec 1 2006 at 04:19 PM said:
my g/f's dad was sitting in the kitchen and he heard a cat meowing and he couldn't tell where it was coming from so he started looking and he went to the refrigerator and opened the door and my cat jumped out and ran into the living room.

Could it have frozen to death :blink: :p

A few errors corrected. The most disturbing, I think, is the use of the word 'of' instead of 'have'. That should never be done, and now that you know better (assuming you've read this) you should have no excuse to do it again.

jmetal88 posted on Dec 4 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
my g/f's dad was sitting in the kitchen and he heard a cat meowing and he couldn't tell where it was coming from so he started looking and he went to the refrigerator and opened the door and my cat jumped out and ran into the living room.

A few errors corrected. The most disturbing, I think, is the use of the word 'of' instead of 'have'. That should never be done, and now that you know better (assuming you've read this) you should have no excuse to do it again.
lolololol

I was gonna correct him, but figured it was pretty assholic :p

My cat loves to jump in the fridge too... it's turned into a game for him (along with running into any room/area in the apartment he's not supposed to go. Basically, if you're talking to someone or not paying attention and look away from the fridge as it slowly closes, he'll try to sneak in there. Fortunately, I'm one step ahead of him usually. I suppose I could just load up the fridge, leaving him no room to go... but ya, the bottom shelf is empty.

Yawn.. Hey, I'm just pointing out that you used the wrong term. You want to know what particle oscillations really are? How about you do a little research? Particle oscillation is when one particle changes into another. Aka, a particle turns into it's anti particle. Big word + big word NOT = correct.

Theres no need to be call anyone an idiot.

Loubear posted on Dec 4 2006 at 08:33 PM said:

Yawn.. Hey, I'm just pointing out that you used the wrong term. You want to know what particle oscillations really are? How about you do a little research? Particle oscillation is when one particle changes into another. Aka, a particle turns into it's anti particle. Big word + big word NOT = correct.

I believe he called you a *stupid* idiot :lol:

Sam dude, you're up against an asian. And this is science. This is a losing battle!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
Loubear posted on Dec 4 2006 at 08:33 PM said:

I believe he called you a *stupid* idiot :lol:

Sam dude, you're up against an asian. And this is science. This is a losing battle!

It's not that I'm asian... Asians can be stupid too! Like the kid in my school who christens himself...

"g-munny"

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:36 PM said:

lolololol

Well done at least some of us passed English grammar then, unlike the rest of us. <_<

clarky2o2o posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:15 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:36 PM said:

lolololol

Well done at least some of us passed English grammar then, unlike the rest of us. <_<

Using "of" instead of "have" is a common mistake. Pretty nitpicky if you ask me and great way to be an ass about it. You could of just said...

"Oh! Well you put an "of" after the could. But the correct usage is to use "have". Not a big problem though, just pointing that out. HAVE FLUFFY KITTENS AND BUNNIES! YAY!"

Much better.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

Oh my great good God! Gentlemen, your attention please. I am detecting a gigiantic amphibious life-form, it's 80 meters long and it's heading this way. Oh good glayven it's on my shoe. It's a small frog, just get off, just get off there, just get out of it, get out of it. Stupid machine, oh wait a minute, this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog-Exaggerator Mm-hai.
I had that as my MSN display title for a while...

Comic Book Guy: Best...Quote...Ever!!

Loubear posted on Dec 5 2006 at 01:33 AM said:

No you fool! YOU FOOL! That is not an occilation! I cannot be bothered to spell it correctly. Particles occilate, even at absolute zero. They just move, they just do, because of the energy that their particles store. It is kinetic, and hence they have to move, this is called occilation. As they occilate back and forth, like a wave. You are thinking of occilations in transverse waves, as the wave moves from +peak to -peak. Particles aren't energy. However, the natures of this occilating energy causes them to move, and hence collide. It's basic particle theory, and collision theory. You cannot change a positive particle into a negative particle. You must dissassebmle the quarks and all that shit, then jam em back together in a different formation. And thats the transformation of particles on a subatomic level. Which is gay, well, not really.

And I am not getting into Anti particles, OK? Please, when it comes to thinks like this, I do know what I am on about, you don't stand a chance for two reasons:

1) I have had more education
2) My British education is more efficient than your patriotic American one.

I am just not goo at putting the answers into words on paper, Or internet.

sam fisher said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

I had that as my MSN display title for a while...

Comic Book Guy: Best...Quote...Ever!!

Loubear posted on Dec 5 2006 at 01:33 AM said:

No you fool! YOU FOOL! That is not an occilation! I cannot be bothered to spell it correctly. Particles occilate, even at absolute zero. They just move, they just do, because of the energy that their particles store. It is kinetic, and hence they have to move, this is called occilation. As they occilate back and forth, like a wave. You are thinking of occilations in transverse waves, as the wave moves from +peak to -peak. Particles aren't energy. However, the natures of this occilating energy causes them to move, and hence collide. It's basic particle theory, and collision theory. You cannot change a positive particle into a negative particle. You must dissassebmle the quarks and all that shit, then jam em back together in a different formation. And thats the transformation of particles on a subatomic level. Which is gay, well, not really.

And I am not getting into Anti particles, OK? Please, when it comes to thinks like this, I do know what I am on about, you don't stand a chance for two reasons:

1) I have had more education
2) My British education is more efficient than your patriotic American one.

I am just not goo at putting the answers into words on paper, Or internet.

Stop using the word "oscillation". Dear god, particle oscillation is a SPECIFIC TERM. Oh yeah, big words like "oscillation" sound nice and well, but when it just happens to MEAN SOMETHING COMPLETELY different, just shut up. If you meant something different, JUST SAY SO.

On the part of particles turning into other particles, you really think it just instantaneously happens. Oh definitely, my cells are constantly changing into their antiparticles and exploding me from the inside. They don't miraculously turn into each other, THEY DECAY INTO A COMMON SET OF PARTICLES and go on from there.

Wikipedia to the rescue.

Neutral Particle Oscillation

That oscillation is what Loubear is referring to. On the other hand, Sam is using odd terminology - the behaviour of atoms with energy (at absolute zero, the only energy is zero-point) is generally referred to as vibration.

Now shut up, k? This thread is about cats in fridges, not the intricacies of scientific terminology.

Back