Still Waiting For Nubs And Boards?

craigix said:
But it looks like things are moving ahead now those pesky nubs have been tested, a lot of failed ones had to be desoldered from boards.

Good to hear, though I wouldn't mind a more verbose explanation. :)

I'm really starting to feel the wait. Last night I had another Pandora unboxing dream. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope nobody in the team minds me mentioning this, but I had an update regarding my warranty replacement today. :p I was told that they expect to receive the new boards this week (and that my replacement will come from that bunch). :)

Prometheus said:
I hope nobody in the team minds me mentioning this, but I had an update regarding my warranty replacement today. :p I was told that they expect to receive the new boards this week (and that my replacement will come from that bunch). :)

Thanks for the update! :)

Edit: Mind if I ask what was wrong with your unit? (If the mods don't mind a bit of off-topicness)

its almost a month since an order was fulfilled, looking back at the 'got my email' thread...

CiderPunk said:
its almost a month since an order was fulfilled, looking back at the 'got my email' thread...

yeah, but this won't cause any delays.

conso said:
CiderPunk said:

yeah, but this won't cause any delays.

yeah I think it's speeding up a bit! now it's all streamlined an' stuff

Perky_Goth said:
I don't get it, weren't the boards supposed to be there two weeks ago and that would be why they weren't sent by air?

that's cases.. boards are held up while nubs are tested and replaced and stuff.

Cases, there should still be some of the original 1000 left. It was the boards that had to have their nubs replaced that seem to have caused the delay (and confusion about when boards would arrive). Lets hope there is another batch of boards nearly ready in the factory.

wermy said:
Edit: Mind if I ask what was wrong with your unit? (If the mods don't mind a bit of off-topicness)
I don't mind (and I hope the mods don't mind me answering! :lol: ), as I've mentioned it in another thread. It was the same issue as with my first unit - basically, the tolerance problem with the nubs. I don't expect it to happen again, since the nub company's apparently sorted this out, now. :p

[/off-topic]

tsh said:
Cases, there should still be some of the original 1000 left. It was the boards that had to have their nubs replaced that seem to have caused the delay (and confusion about when boards would arrive). Lets hope there is another batch of boards nearly ready in the factory.

So, Setember then?
Bah. See you then, otherwise I'd probably be banned.

Back