Still Waiting For Nubs And Boards?

AFAIK, 350 boards or something like that are already finished (including tested nubs) or will be finished shortly.
If we're lucky, something might happen next week, might also be the week after.

But testing and production is continuing and hopefully will speed up soon... :)

Any news from the case factory? Are they still waiting for the painting factory?

Are we still on track for that incredible "All first batch Pandora's should be shipped by October" estimate, or was that dumped in the toilet in the few days I've been away?

TitanUranus said:
Are we still on track for that incredible "All first batch Pandora's should be shipped by October" estimate, or was that dumped in the toilet in the few days I've been away?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55437-everyone-welcome-me-to-the-family-im-getting-one/page__view__findpost__p__895355
yep. Craigix does sound very confident this time.
And after 2 years on these board I start to believe :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If mey ask: is the Board Faktory now aply to make 350Boards per Week?, Than i expekt my unit in about 4 Weeks.. (only assembled..)

Tomorow Dragon Quest IX realeast in Germany, so i have some diversion in this time... (and im learning to play e-guitar, and get hopefully a job in the next time...)

Well, if the company manages to produce 250 boards a week, they would produce 350 per week, it would be enough if they do that constantly from August 1st on.
We can easily build 150 a day, so once it really gets rolling, it should go fast.

However, bugging the company to actually do their work so fast seems to be one of the hardest tasks - but as now the nubs a prechecked and everything, things should theoretically go smooth.

Ok i play starcraft until then... (4 Weeks until mi unit? (500 from you?)

( I mean Starcraft 1, my pc shouldnt good enought for starcraft 2..)

203 boards arriving on Monday with the nubs tested (if UPS don't mess up).

There are 203 cases ready for those boards to go straight in to so they will ship next week too.

Then we hope it's all go go go for Aug/Sept.

Every few hundred we make we improve the build process, this is very important to get right since we plan to use this case and system for a couple of years.

craigix said:

There are 203 cases ready for those boards to go straight in to so they will ship next week too.

Every few hundred we make we improve the build process, this is very important to get right since we plan to use this case and system for a couple of years.

In a couple of years, I wonder what the future (development) may bring!.

Asteroid said:
craigix said:

In a couple of years, I wonder what the future (development) may bring!.

The goal is near perfect software/hardware and available to any customer with a 7 day delivery time. We will get there, slowly we are gaining more control over everything, each slow step improves the situation greatly.

It's exciting but I just wish it would all happen more quickly, although when I look back at what we have achieved it's immense.

EvilDragon said:
AFAIK, 350 boards or something like that are already finished (including tested nubs) or will be finished shortly.
If we're lucky, something might happen next week, might also be the week after.

But testing and production is continuing and hopefully will speed up soon... :)
How long did the Texas Factory needed to make these 350 boards? In other words, when did they start with these and when did they finish? I just want to do some worst-case-calculations of my own, assuming they are not able to do it quicker for the rest of our life. :D

And do I read it correctly that this week not much more happens in directions of making/shipping Pandoras? I just wonder, I've read something about "...making 400 units this week..." and "this" week was last week... don't know if there was the nub-testing-times already known, Blog says 500 nubs are ready, still all is a little bit confusing.
All these missed/changed/obsolete dates, different numbers, times, "soon" etc... really makes me dizzy. :ph34r: I'm not even sure, where I am. :lol:

mali said:
^ Those "400 boards" were in fact pre nub testing, so an obsolete estimation.
Ah, OK. Thanx. :)
Well, at least everything seems to be tested pretty heavily, this should be a good thing. ^^

Back