Still Waiting For Nubs And Boards?

I'm SO happy that I'm with the first 550 to 650. Else I would have been in a mental institution about now.

And I'm seriously surprised OpenPandora isn't in one yet...

So I'm a little confused, I thought I remembered Craig or someone saying #1000 would be ready to ship or out the door the friday before last, but ED in his new vid said about 600 Pandora's in the wild. So are these 203 boards gonna put us at ~800 or ~1200. Oh and ED new vid by the way was great. It's something to show folks when words don't seem to get through (No its not a fake/prototype DS and no it's not a netbook, well kinda.... here, just sit and watch this, geez).

With the extra 200 we will be around 800.

These extra 200 are indeed somewhat delayed. But if you remember that Pandora time is a bit like the reverse of dog years (2 weeks in Pandora time is a couple of months in human time). So take all ETAs with a pinch or two of salt.

I was 33 when i first layed eyes or heard about the pzndora i now just turned 36 and still waiting on mine but i am willing to wait why? Because i can see the pandora being very sucessfull indeed the force is strong with this one it is so cloudy is its future remember use the force pandora.

may88 said:
EvilDragon said:
If we're lucky...
Ever the optimist. :)
That's a realist statement. What you quoted does not say anything about optimism or pessimism.
/nitpick

sorry, bored I am

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt I will see my pandora before I turn 16 on January 1st; I haven't even ordered yet. Im having trouble coming up with $400. I might even see it in a year from now.

It's really weird - the hardest thing creating such a device is NOT the designing or testing... it seems the hardest thing is to keep the people you actually PAY for to build it going. They always spit out random numbers on how many they will do and how many they did... but we're at it and bugging them.
At least we won't get anymore units with broken nubs, this should speed it up.

But in that business, you're a tiny little customer if you only order 4000.
I bet if we ordered 100.000, they'd find a way making 1000 a day...

Annoying, but we're getting there.

so order 100,000 :D just say you want them delivered gradually :blink:

EvilDragon said:
chris_c said:
so order 100,000 :D just say you want them delivered gradually :blink:

Hehe, now THAT would be an idea :D

Yeah, just tell them you'll pay for them 4000 at a time too ;)

...and get it all in contract: "we're buying 100000 cases but we only want 4000 every few months as we demand them and we'll only pay for delivered product as we receive it"

...be sure to include a "going under" clause to allow for incomplete orders, ya know... just in case you only actually want 20000 of those 100000 :D

Lol, our company actually does that.

for one of the companies we deliver stuff for (special stuff only they order)
we carry a stock for them and send it when they demand :)

EvilDragon said:
It's really weird - the hardest thing creating such a device is NOT the designing or testing... it seems the hardest thing is to keep the people you actually PAY for to build it going. They always spit out random numbers on how many they will do and how many they did... but we're at it and bugging them.
At least we won't get anymore units with broken nubs, this should speed it up.

But in that business, you're a tiny little customer if you only order 4000.
I bet if we ordered 100.000, they'd find a way making 1000 a day...

Annoying, but we're getting there.
The only mistake you did was to pay the Factories BEFORE they fhinished the entire Job. ;)
They would be much faster producing if they knew that they only recieve the rest of the money after the last piece is built and shipped. :D -easy psychology. ^^
Now that they all have what they wanted (money) they can take all the time in the world and don't have to fear anything except some strange Dudes going on their nerves from time to time. ^^"

fusion_power said:
The only mistake you did was to pay the Factories BEFORE they fhinished the entire Job. ;)
This has been a major source of confusion. Either ED or Craigix eventually came back and said they didn't pay for everything up front, just some stuff. If I recall correctly*, they paid for the mould upfront, but the cases themselves (which are arguably the cheaper of the two) are paid for on delivery.

*bearing in mind that I'm an idiot that forgets his own birthday

EvilDragon said:
Yep, only some stuff.
This factory will get the money when the job is finished.
That's good but then it actualy makes no sense that they take ages, at least not in the "case of the cases". :unsure:
But I think I can't explain everything with pure logic, some mysteries still remain in the world, maybe that's fine. ^^"
And I'm always for Quality over Quantity, so if the Quality really is imropved in the way, the delays suggest it, I'm fine with this. :)

fusion_power said:
That's good but then it actualy makes no sense that they take ages, at least not in the "case of the cases". :unsure:

Most likely this Chinese company has many clients with bigger (and hence more profitable) orders so Pandora cases are low priority for them.

Morn said:
fusion_power said:

Most likely this Chinese company has many clients with bigger (and hence more profitable) orders so Pandora cases are low priority for them.

There isn't a problem or delay with the cases anymore, there has not been since they finished the moulds. It's the PCBs. But it looks like things are moving ahead now those pesky nubs have been tested, a lot of failed ones had to be desoldered from boards.

craigix said:
Morn said:
fusion_power said:

There isn't a problem or delay with the cases anymore, there has not been since they finished the moulds. It's the PCBs. But it looks like things are moving ahead now those pesky nubs have been tested, a lot of failed ones had to be desoldered from boards.
Craigx we want to meet with you please follow the white rabbit.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55486-who-deleted-the-outer-space-thread/

Back