Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, has passed away at 56

RIP. He pushed hardware forwards, and pushed openness backwards. However you see Apple, his influence and vision was undeniable.

RIP Mr. Jobs. I didn't agree with your vision, but wish the best to your family, friends, co-workers and fans for their loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you dislike the man, his company pushed innovation for years. Most companies play catch-up with Apple especially in the mobile phone arena. If you hated him for the way he ran his company, it was still his company to run as he saw fit.

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was a big fan. This is sad. I just read this on yahoo news checking my email.

Even if you dislike the man, his company pushed innovation for years. Most companies play catch-up with Apple especially in the mobile phone arena. If you hated him for the way he ran his company, it was still his company to run as he saw fit.

RIP
that's mostly where my hate comes from, imho, he was pulling the mobile market in the wrong direction, and people flocked to him like seagulls. Even though I'm typing this from the tablet, i solely blame apple for the tablet fad. I dispise the OS he helped create, and even more so that other OS' are flocking in the same direction because dumbing stuff down has always been great for business, but damn it all to hell if it doesn't annoy the living crap out of me.

Regardless of the fact that he has tons of blood on his hands for his business practices, and deaths on his name, may his soul rest in piece, because it deserves it after the rollercoaster it has been going through most of that mans life. RIP

This is very shocking. I just read it a minute ago while I was about to check my yahoo email. There goes one of the few people I have had some respect for.

RIP Steve Jobs. I may not have liked your iDevices for the times that I used them, but they were possibly the most stable MP3/video players I have ever owned being made of glass.

Here is a very memorable quote I've dug up from the internet.

‎- Steve Jobs, Stanford University 114th Commencement Address 6/12/05 -

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Just for kicks, enjoy all these Mac's crashing sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4FOOmoukpJc?feature=oembed

that's mostly where my hate comes from, imho, he was pulling the mobile market in the wrong direction,
and people flocked to him like seagulls.

Then, by what definition was it the "wrong direction"?

R.I.P Steve. Your vision lead to the creation of nearly every tech product I give a hoot about. As much as I like to knuckle down and hack about on frustratingly inconsistent, geeky tech products, I do it safe in the knowledge that I can drop back to a sane iOS device when I want to actually get something done.

You know, I find it surprising that folks are forgetting to mention the whole Pixar thing... He played a pretty big part there, I gather.

I guess with "wrong direction" he meant the closing down of systems, etc.

It's not a "wrong direction" in my opinion, but certainly a direction not everyone agrees with, especially not those who loved the old classic MacOS.

Then again, you never please everyone.

I didn't like the direction Apple was going to recently as well, but I loved classic MacOS. Back at these days, Apple was a more open alternative compared to Windows, but sadly, this has changed recently and systems are being closed down more and more.

However, it was Steve who made the Apple happen. Who took on the competition against normal PCs.

This is no easy thing. I am currently struggling a similar fight with raising funds to get the Pandora going.

I can only bow down and take my hat to what Steve was doing, how he created Apple with having a vision.

I hope I also have the strength to keep the Pandora going.

It's not easy, and I can only say: Great work, Steve. Rest in peace.

I hope you had a good life, regardless of your struggle for the last months.

For everything he achieved he would have swapped places with any one of us in an instant to be well again, health and happiness is far more important than money and fame.

I am a fan of how easy Apple devices are to use, my Gran can use an iPhone, but I was not a fan of the man himself. Using Chinese slave labour and being obsessed with money isn't my bag.

Bill Gates might be a bastard too, but he genuinely seems to want to do some good with his riches.

Oh well, I'm off to watch the Diana like madness sweep the internets for the next few days, no doubt with clueless news readers thinking he invented the phone, apps and computers.

Back