Steam sales

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
In case people aren't aware, for the next 4 hours Steam is selling Oblivion for $5.

edit: Now it's Left 4 Dead 2.

Wonder what I've missed the last few days, or if this just started.

Last edited by a moderator:
A week ago I picked up Fallout 3: New Vegas and it's expansions for all under $10.00 US.

*blink*

*back to Skyrim*

edit: I guess WizStan has eelected himself to officially update our forum every time Steam has a sale? Awesome, I look forward to it... aack, but he can't, he took an arrow to the knee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this is an ongoing sale thing, with something new and shiny every day. I saw the ticking countdown timer and was "oh neat, I wonder if anyone has been paying attention because I haven't!"

So now I'm just checking quick every day. Today is Modern Warfare 2.

Who can say no to free?

And apparently today's Steamsale is Star Wars Force something something. Seems boring. :p

Too bad steam works quite *meh* in wine/playonlinux. I still have a bunch of games on there, but I'm too lazy to boot in to windows.

I've never had a problem running steam in linux. Some games don't work or need to be tweaked, but Wine has come surprisingly far in terms of accuracy.

Anywho, screw Steam, gog is having an "everything 50% off" sale through to January! I'm gonna buy... EVERYTHING!

Steam works excellent under wine; many games do not, but that is hardly Valve's fault :)

Wine does surprise you.. Starcraft 2 works a tyreat, and a bunch of brand new games ahve worked out of the box for me (woa!) -- sadly, a lot of the top tier games didnm't work this year, including Portal 2 and Deus Ex:Human Revolution; Skyrim works though.. wooowoo :)

jeff

Apparently it's Tales of Monkey Island today, for another 5 hours. You'll definitely want to get this one :D

And for the next 22 hours it is Limbo.

If you buy only one game buy this one! C'moooon, it's only $2.50.

They seem to be doing some kind of epic sale thing now. A lot of mega packs on sale for a lotta monies off.

Are many of the mac games on steam native ports or are they just using a wine wrapper? I figured Valve would port their own games.. but wasn't sure about 3rd parties.

A C&C Bundle including 10 Games and 7 DLC is now on Sale, there is even Renegade in it, for me a No Brainer at 9 €… (but also this cutted German Version of Generals . )

A C&C Bundle including 10 Games and 7 DLC is now on Sale, there is even Renegade in it, for me a No Brainer at 9 €… (but also this cutted German Version of Generals . )
It's the EA/Origin version. I already had it, but using Steam to load EA to load your game just feels like a weird construction.
The games are fine though. To play Red Alert 2 you do need some patches from the internet, by default it will not work properly.

Back