Massive Steam Sale: Tomb Raider, Fallout, Batman, more

blimpsgo180

Steam is having a Lunar New Year Sale. I have personally never heard of the Lunar New Year, but it's an incredible sale.

xbFvAHx.jpg

Here's a list of some of the better sale items I found:

Tomb Raider Franchise:
  • Tomb Raider Collection (includes almost every Tomb Raider game released for PC, including 2013 reboot): $19.99
  • Tomb Raider (2013 reboot): $4.99
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: $2.49
Fallout Franchise
  • Fallout 4: $40.19
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition: $6.79
  • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition: $6.79
  • Fallout Classic Collection (contains Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics): $6.79
XCOM Franchise:
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown + The Bureau: XCOM Declassified: $8.49
Shadowrun Franchise:
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition: $9.99
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut: $2.99
  • Shadowrun Returns: $2.99
Non-Franchise Deals:
  • Don't Starve: $3.74
  • Don't Starve Mega Pack (includes all Don't Starve games): $16.19
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: $2.99
  • Batman: Arkham Knight: $23.99
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: $4.99
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt: $29.99
... the list keeps going. This might be the best Steam sale I've ever seen.

My question to you, Pandora fans, is which (if any) of the DOS games (old Tomb Raider, Fallout) will run on the new DOSBox update from the Steam files?

Happy gaming!

What ?! So finally they sells Batman Arkham Knight ?! o_O

Is it also patched at least ?

EDIT: well... with the january patch I still see many people complaining... and there isn't even a demo to try out :(

Last edited:
Nice. I didn't know if Steam's DRM got in the way of running the games on other platforms (like Pandora).

Not every game is DRM protected on steam, and you can just extract the files from the steam folder and put the game where you want... anyway for some games this practice is a little tricky if not impossible.

I have personally never heard of the Lunar New Year, but it's an incredible sale.
Ok, this may be somewhat off-topic: Lunar calendars and solar calendars don't precisely match up. The Gregorian calendar, a solar calendar, is widely used and probably what you are familiar with. Some other calendars that are purely lunar (or based on whatever else that led to their development) drift through the solar year, which will get greater over time unless there is something that brings them back together. You may know the lunar new year that this sale is named after as the Chinese New Year (which is what it is called by many in the US, notice the picture above).

Thanks. This is already much better than the Winter sale last December.
With my backlog I tried to vow not to buy any more games, but these sales make it very hard, so I'm taking the gaming equivalent of "only smoking on weekends with friends" and only buying games that have a Linux port. That'll satisfy my shop-lust, I hope.
For the curious, I like to use https://steamdb.info/sales/ for tracking these things. It has a much better filter and sort than the official steam store.

I just bought the Tomb Raider Bundle and the Doublefine Bundle (2015). It's 21 games total for $40... less than two dollars a game. The bundles also come with DLC and original soundtracks. Very happy with my purchase. :)

Back