Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

zodttd said:
Seems Vagrant story is faster with 070707. Thanks for that great video! Really appreciate that!
you're welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Eternal Eyes-gp2x-psx4gp2x_070707

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGx_p_wA_OI

gpOC 266, ram tweak on, sound off, PSX clock 40%

some words are broken, so 'd' looks like 'c'

Threads of fate with interlace count 1 and progressive interlace on with 266 overclock and psx clock at 40 percent is pretty much full speed. This is pretty epic because Threads of Fate is entirely 3D.

I think I found the save state bug, seems sometimes when you call sync() the SD reports it is full when it is not, reproduced it a few times, try calling sync() twice instead of once till we get open2x!

[edid]

What firmware you using btw Zod? Cos this problem seems to occur more in 2.1.1 than 2.0.0...

OMG! I will try threads of fate immediately. Anybody know why Legend of Mana freezes all the time when I am setting the first scene on the map (mailbox)? The animation of it unfolding into the little house begins but then it just freezes and the emulator crashes completely... same thing sorta happens to warcraft 2 as I mentioned before. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it again my gp2x being a little bitch? overclock is 240 with ramtimings on.

Tryed gran turismo 2 and got about 5 fps in a race with other cars and about 7 with a time trial. Made a video but i was messing about with the psx clock so its not a very good video.
I tryed tactics ogre and it seemd ok untill i think it was about to start and it just froze.

EDIT:Hogs of war works now :) I think this is the first version that hogs of war has ever worked on. Got about 5-7 fps with the psx clock at 60%

I just noticed yuo had the zaurus one too :p i havnt had my zaurus on for months !! And i cant seem to turen it on now :( If i get it to work i will try psx4zaurus too but im not sure what has happend to it

I think I found a bug that froze a lot of games. It had to do with an optimization I made. It will be fixed, pretty much by removing the fairly useless optimization. :p

Removing the optimization will be easy as I lost some of the previous source on accident, so I'm redoing some code. :p

Things will continue to improve. :)

New build of psx4gp2x out. As noted at http://zodttd.com/
----
- Progressive interlacing has been replaced with upscaling so instead of skipping lines, the screen is just scaled to effectively fill in those lines.

- Slight performance increase.

- LARGE compatibility increase! By reverting to an older version of Una-i’s GPU, many more games are working now.

- Memory card support *should* be working now. *untested so comment here if you are able to test*
----

For the download, head to http://www.zodttd.com

Thanks!

Maybe, let me know if it does. If it doesn't, I'll fix eventually. Lot's of real life work to do.

zodttd said:
Maybe, let me know if it does. If it doesn't, I'll fix eventually. Lot's of real life work to do.
A year ago or so release it worked and runs about 14 frames with 280 OC and no interlaced :) Maybe now it will run at a very playable speed :)

Wow I'm getting a good 30Fps (approximately) at Einhander with interlace 1, 270mhz and ram tweaks!!
Wipeout goes 16fps, very smoth but slow :(

But unfortunately it seems that Castlevania still isn't working :(

One suggesdtion, could you please set the default PSX speed to 30/40%?
because we almost ever have to change it to get performance, and also because some poeple post videos withous touching PSX cpu speed, which can be sort of bad advertising B)

Very good work indeed, as usual things are getting better and better

*edit*

Just found a little bug, as i played Tekken 3 : I had interlacing 1, then switched to interlace 0, and the screen gets badly scaled :(
Tekken 3 is a 640x480 game, and Resident Evil causes no problem!

1st thing I noticed about the new release was the menu selection isnt too fast

Game test is 250 OC ram timings on no mess about with PS clock.

Alien Ressurection- Intro still great. Game is a lot faster especially when you change the interlace. May get blockier but who cares when u get more speed. Sound doesnt work it loops too much

Alien Trilogy - Intro still great. Game is faster and very playable

Bishi Bashi - Intro screen now works- Game has suffered a bit of slow down

Bushido Blade - Still doesnt work

Die Hard Trilogy -locks up on title screen

wing commander 4 - locks up on title

Broken Sword - Works now. Voices are a little slow but everything else seems fine

Pandemonium - Speed increase very playable without sound

Ridge Racer 4 - Screen seems to small till you put it on interlace 1 (probably the same as the tekken bug). Game runs faster than before sound is best off as it gets very annoying

Syphon Filter 2 - Still wont get past title screen

Took this opportunity to test save state and it worked fine

Tenchu - Works now. a little on the slow side but can be played if you dont mind that.

Worms Armageddon (U) works flawlessly and almost fullspeed!!! This is really cool...

I'll see if I can fix the reported Tekken bug after some sleep. I also got C:SOTN working but it needed a tweak of the cycle count, so I'm working on a adjustment for that. I didn't get around to it in 071007, so it will make it into today's build 071107.

WAIT, I MADE A BREAKTHROUGH! GETTING 5+ MORE FPS! WAIT FOR A RELEASE IN A FEW MOMENTS!

zodttd said:
I'll see if I can fix the reported Tekken bug after some sleep. I also got C:SOTN working but it needed a tweak of the cycle count, so I'm working on a adjustment for that. I didn't get around to it in 071007, so it will make it into today's build 071107.

WAIT, I MADE A BREAKTHROUGH! GETTING 5+ MORE FPS! WAIT FOR A RELEASE IN A FEW MOMENTS!
5 fps in what condition, 3d, 2d?
Man, why do I have to be at work when these things happen :-(

Back